Please can I have advice on the Care plan!!!

Rasras

Please can I have advice on the Care plan!!!

Post by Rasras » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:55 pm

If my Son's Social worker refusing to give me a Care plan.

I ask her for a copy of the care plan from period when the case was transferd to her new unit in 11/18.

She send resent on ' My Looked After Review and care plan' dated 10/19.
I asked her for the care plan when the case was transfed to they unit in 11/18. Instead she send one that was prepared by my previous social worker in 10/17 and dated in 10/18 (two days before court ended) and sind off after 3month in 01/19 and she said that it is updated care plan after the court. Also she contacted my previous social worker and he said it's the right updated plan.

My self in my hand i have 'Judge Judgment'. (They don't have on)
And In that Judge Judgment, Judge instructed the Local Authorities to add some dits to the care plan and approved the plan.
So the Judge made the final care order in respect of myson and approved the plan.
The new updated care plan should been lodged and amended within 14 days after final court order.

My New Son's Social worker She is on the case for last 16 month. And she said to me after the case was transferd in hear unit in (11/2018) she has got just two Care Plans for my Son, one which send my previous social worker in 10/18 and one from 10/2019.

After court finish. We held 3 Lac review meeting.
In 12/2018 04/2019 10/2019.

It's looks like the Local Authorities did not follow the Final court order and has not updated the Corect Care plan for my son after the court finishes.

And that they follow that care plan which was prepared in 2017 dated in 2018 ( two days before proceeding ended) and signed of in 01/19. No changes has been made to this care plan sins court ended in 10/18.

There is my sons care plan?
Can i make formal complaint about this?
What shall I do next?

The Local Authorities didn't fallow court orders wich i can prove it help me please!!!

P.S My English is not the first language and I hope you understood that I was trying to say.

Thank you for any advice.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Please can I have advice on the Care plan!!!

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:26 pm

Dear Rasras,

Welcome to the Parents Forum. My name is Suzie, FRG’s online adviser.
I am sorry for the delay in responding to your post.

I can see how frustrated you must feel about the care plan not being sent to the court and there being wrong dates on the care plans that are on the file.

I suggest you ask the social worker (by email) to find out from the court or from the legal department whether the care plan was actually sent to the court.

If it was not sent then ask that it is sent now. You should ask for a copy of it.

If you are not getting any answers, the next step is to ask the independent reviewing officer(IRO)-the person who manages the looked after child (LAC) review.

Here is information about IRO’s

It is the IRO’s job to manage your son’s care plans.

If the IRO does not help, then make a formal complaint via children services complaints.

Here is our advice sheet about complaints.

When the care proceedings finished the court will have quickly closed its file. Even if the updated care plan was not on the file.

It would only become an issue if you or the local authority decided to apply back to court to end the care order. Then the local authority would have to explain why they did file the updated care plan. They will be in trouble.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions or need further advice, please post again.

Best wishes,

Suzie