How to discharge a Child Arrangements Order

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:48 pm

How to discharge a Child Arrangements Order

Post by HopeHold » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm

What is involved in the process of discharging a Child Arrangements Order as mother of the child, so that parental responsibility is no longer shared and goes back to just being with the mother? Which form needs to be filled in and where does the form need to be handed in? Is it possible to get a Child Arrangements Order discharged without seeking help from a solicitor? If it is only possible through a solicitor, is it covered under legal aid?

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: How to discharge a Child Arrangements Order

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:52 pm

Dear HopeHold

Thank you for your post and welcome to the parents’ discussion forum.

In your post you ask about discharging a child arrangement order in respect of your child as you wish parental responsibility to be solely yours as this would have become shared once the order was made to someone without parental responsibility. You do not say to whom the child arrangement order was made. If the order was made in favour of the child’s father, he could ask the court to make a parental responsibility order in his favour.

Normally, when seeking a child arrangement order or to discharge it and ask for one in your favour, the appropriate form is C100 and the application is made to the court where the order was made. A person does not need to use a solicitor for any application to the court.

As your issue falls outside the remit of this service, I suggest you make contact with Child Law Advice on 0300 030 5480, this organisation for advice about private law issues including applications to the court.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes


Post Reply