Court

LMG123

Court

Post by LMG123 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi my child had been taken due to domestics and said I couldn't have him back now when I went back into court I had left my ex partner and the judge said he would give me a second chance to do as I said I would get my own home courses mental health act witch I have done my assessment was positive and the socail have no concerns with the way I was as a mum it's just that relationship that I have proven I'm not in but the socail still want to send him over to his dads dad has anyone else been through this and when I go back into court on the 6th and have evidence of everything could the judge give him back to me ? X

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Court

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:02 pm

Dear LMG123

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thank you for posting.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group.

It appears that you are currently in court proceedings relating to your son. I am not sure if they are care proceedings since you say you have gone back to court having made changes and had a positive assessment.

Your son was removed from your care because you were in a domestically abusive relationship. There would have been safeguarding concerns for your son and well being in that environment.

You say you have had a positive assessment and there are no concerns in respect of your ability to care for your son. Children’s services (new name for social services) do not appear to believe that you are separated or have concerns that you are going to resume the relationship. Has your son’s grandfather been looking after him or applied for an order to have grandson live with him permanently.

Whether or not your son returns to your care will be a decision for the judge based on the evidence he or she has to consider and, more importantly, what is best for your son in the long term.

You have given limited information about your situation so I can only offer advice based on what you have said. Does the children’s guardian support your son returning to your care.

I suggest you read this advice sheet Reuniting children in the care system with their families which gives information where a child is in care.

You may also find it helpful to read information here relating to domestic violence.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, you can telephone our advice line 0808 801 03666. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Milka84

Re: Finale court order

Post by Milka84 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:26 am

Hi all. 24 of April i have court hearing it will be phone. My ex girl applied for breaching court order. The finale order from november 2018 says about contactface everyday when son is with me ( 3 nights with me 4 nights with mother)sometimes our son see the mother on Skype sometimes not. It was 52 times when he did not see Her on Skype during november 2018 to march 2020. Sometimes our son was ill,tired and he goes sleep earlier( in november 2018 bedtime 9 pm at the moment is 6-7pm ) or he prefer play with toys than contact on Skype ( he is 3 years old). She wants cut my contact with son. Could you give me some advices what to do.?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Court

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:44 pm

Dear Milka84

Thank you for your post which you have posted several times. Clearly, you are anxious about the forthcoming hearing in respect of your son's mother's application that you breached the court order in respect of her contact.

In your post you state that she failed to have contact on 52 separate occasions. This is a lot of missed contact for the non-resident parent. The reasons you have given will be considered by the judge to find out if they are reasonable. As your son is only 3 years old, the judge might consider that he cannot make decisions about whether contact happens or not. If he was unwell on occasions, then you may need to provide medical evidence.

I am responding to your post with suggestions because you have a hearing but the remit of our service does not cover private law proceedings. You may wish to contact Child Law Advice for assistance as they offer advice in private law cases. Their telephone number is 0300 330 5480.

Best wishes

Suzie