S47 investigation

Sam00190

S47 investigation

Post by Sam00190 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:01 am

Back In November SS started a S47 investigation on me and I have heard nothing at all from them since. The 45 days will be up as of Thursday so how soon should I await a response from them as to what is going to happen as to if it’s NFA, CIN or CP I have tried contacting them but they don’t return any of my calls and the person carrying out the investigation never seems to be in the office no matter what time I call and they always say they will take a message and get her to call me back but I know she won’t.

O.S123

Re: S47 investigation

Post by O.S123 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:26 am

I think you could try emailing them they're responsive via email and also they prefer to be contacted on emails than talking on the phone. I wish you all the best

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: S47 investigation

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Sam00190 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:01 am
Back In November SS started a S47 investigation on me and I have heard nothing at all from them since. The 45 days will be up as of Thursday so how soon should I await a response from them as to what is going to happen as to if it’s NFA, CIN or CP I have tried contacting them but they don’t return any of my calls and the person carrying out the investigation never seems to be in the office no matter what time I call and they always say they will take a message and get her to call me back but I know she won’t.
Dear Sam00190

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. May name is Suzie, FRG’s online adviser. I am sorry for the delay in replying to your query.

You definitely should have heard by now about the outcome of the (section 47 ) Child protection investigation into your child/ren’s situation. You are right that the maximum timescale for completing an assessment is 45 workings days from the referral (except in exceptionally complex situations) but it can of course be completed sooner.

It must have been distressing for you not knowing what the outcome of children’s services’ involvement is, especially as they have intervened because of a concern that the child/ren may be at risk of harm. They are expected to carry out their investigation in such a way as to minimise distress to the family so not being updated or having your calls returned is not helpful.

You have identified the possible outcomes of the investigation and hopefully you have now been properly updated, received a copy of the assessment and may have already had a meeting or being involved in making a plan for your child/ren.

If you are still having problems getting a response from children’s services you can email as O.s123 suggests or insist on speaking to the team manager. If you are very dissatisfied you can of course make a complaint , whilst still cooperating if children’s services have remained involved. This charter for parents and practitioners sets out good practice in working together and addresses the importance of clear information sharing and communication.

If you are still having problems or need some further advice about your situation please do post again or if you prefer, call FRG’s Freephone advice line on 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri (except bank holidays) from 9.30 am to 3.00 pm.

With best wishes

Suzie