DBS HELP

DJKWL

DBS HELP

Post by DJKWL » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:50 pm

How many people have children in long term foster care or that have been adopted and have managed to get/keep a job that requires a DBS.
Any nurses lost / kept their jobs after having a care order granted.

QuestionMark

Re: DBS HELP

Post by QuestionMark » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:49 am

I don’t know if it would affect your job but I got a clear DBS when wanting to volunteer so I imagine it’ll be the same

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: DBS HELP

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:45 pm

Dear DKWL

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thank you for posting.

Regarding your query about getting or keeping a job where a care order has been granted, and a DBS check is required.
This is something you can check by contacting the Disclosure and Barring Service.(DBS). A DBS which can be standard or enhanced checks criminal convictions including cautions and, I believe, in some instances include investigations by the police where no charges made.

A care order or adoption in itself would not be a reason not to keep or get a job , it would depend on what led to this happening. Was there a charge in respect of neglect of children or maltreatment?

In some instances, there can be a Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) investigation where a person works in an environment with children or vulnerable adults and there is a concern or allegation made against that person It will also depend on the employers own policies.

I am able to give only the above basic explanation and for more detailed information I suggest you contact the DBS service

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie