Anyone got a happy story?

QuestionMark

Anyone got a happy story?

Post by QuestionMark » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:26 am

I've been told that my having a child 'one day' 'remains an attainable goal'. Yet both my children were removed from my care, so I can only assume that this 'attainable goal' is referring to future children that I do not yet have?

However, I am not in a relationship; I left my abusive husband 2 years ago when childrens services first got involved. I have no idea how I'd even meet someone at this point either; I'm studying, volunteering and spend every other piece of free time I have with my children (thankfully due to having a very supportive family). Additionally, if my self-esteem was low before, it certainly is now after child removal. I want to have a healthy relationship (and judge also made this clear that this is a requirement), but I honestly feel like a decent, kind, honest individual would not be interested in me now as a result of everything I've been through and lost. Why would I want to put someone I care for through this again if we did have a child and this child was put into care, even for a little while?

I realise I'm racing ahead but I'm only 23 and feel like my life has ended when it was only just beginning. Are there any positive success stories of parents who have been through this finding a happy relationship and getting to have a family?