Social Services

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Social Services

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Harry
hi sorry i had to pm you but i couldnt work out how to post on the wall. ineed some advice my partners been moved in to a womans refuge with our kids. we had a arguement prior to this not a bad one no one was hurt or violence used. allthough it did a few years ago 2009 weve been relitivley fine since. anyway on this occasion the police got called by me a silly mistake. ithought they would help they got the ss involed n they basically told her to leave me and move away end all contact with me thats including our children or theyll get put into care. obviously she has moved as neither of us want to lose our kids we have a boy 7 and a girl 4 and a baby boy 5 months. they mean the world to us and as you can imagin its terrible weve also had to give up a brand new home weve ben in les than ayear. ss have told her now they gave her a choice of wether to go or not but still wont allow any contact me to her or me to the kids its getting unbearable we need some help because ss wont help and solisitors cant get involved because the children arent in care there with the mother. please help us sort this mess out.

Moved from private messages[*]

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Social Services

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Dear Harry,

Thank you for posting on the discussion board. I am sorry about the difficult time you and your family have been having. I understand your partner has moved to a refuge with your children and you are not able to have any contact with them as you do not know where they are. Children’s services (new name for social services) are unable to tell you the address-as it is a refuge and it is confidential.

Have you asked the social worker whether she can arrange supervised contact between you and the children-say at a contact centre? If the social worker will not do this-then you could consider making an application to the family court and asking for a contact order-to see your children

During the court proceedings-the court can order that children services send a copy of your application for contact to Mum without the need to give her address to you. Mums address (and the children’s) will not be given to you-but the court may be willing to order supervised contact-say at a contact centre or supervised by a family member.

For further information about contact orders and court applications, either, contact a children law solicitor-here is a link to a website to the law society-find a solicitor. You may be entitled to free legal aid-if you are on benefits or a low income.

law society-find a solicitor

Or, phone the children’s legal centre. They can help with court applications and they have a free helpline. Here is there website
corum children’s legal centre

You mention that there has been domestic violence in the relationship. You may want to contact Respect-a domestic violence help line. They can advise you about what programmes you could attend to deal with your behaviour.
respect
If you do not change your behaviour-then children services will always be worried that your children may suffer emotional abuse (by witnessing your behaviour to Mum) or may suffer physical abuse (by being hurt-when you hurt Mum). Your contact with your children-and future children may always be limited.
I hope this helps but please post back if you need more advice.

Best wishes,
Suzie