Help needed, Father has breached court order

Red09

Help needed, Father has breached court order

Post by Red09 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:32 am

Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I'm desperate for a bit of advice on my next moves, both from a legal standpoint and your own experiences.

My ex is currently in prison for rape. He has a record as long as my arm for violent offences and cautions. He has never had a relationship with my son, we split before he was born after he was violent to me at 6 months pregnant. In September 2018 he took me to court wanting contact. The court was not looking very favourable towards him, being backed up by cafcass in asking him to drop the application in my sons best interests. The judge asked me my thoughts and I said that I wanted my ex to write letters to my son so that if a time arrives where he wants to get to know his bio father, there is a starting point without opening him up to any danger. The agreement was that me and ex would write to each other, with my son having no knowledge every 3 months. The first letters were exchanged wihh no problems. I set up a PO box at my expense to ensure my address not being revealed. I have a monthly invoice for the PO box showing what letters have been received. I have received one letter from him, and nothing since. His last letter was due 2 months ago. Since I should be due to write to him again in a few weeks, I am now wondering whether I have any right to stop the letters, hoping he will take me back to court so that I can have the order revoked or removed. In his one and only letter he mentioned that he had a recat in February and I am left wondering whether this was all a ploy to get himself an early release or moved to a cushier prison. The cafcass worker asked the same question when we were going through the court process. I should probably mention that I am suffering from nightmares and flashbacks around the time the letters are due, but more recently it feels constant since this has been playing on my mind. That's not me trying to get sympathy, I wanted this for my son to have whatever he feels is best when he is old enough, I will pay any price for his happiness. Thanks in advance for any help.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Help needed, Father has breached court order

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Dear Red09

Thank you for your post.

From what you have posted your question does not fall within the scope of our remit. You have said that prior to the birth of your child you safeguarded yourself and your unborn child from his father (social workers may have been involved then).

You write now about your concerns about the contact arrangements that you have agreed to, perhaps you should seek further legal advice because you have second thoughts. You can say that you have tried to work with the arrangements but find that they may need to be adjusted. It may not be deemed unreasonable for you to say that the arrangements make you uncomfortable.

Best wishes

Suzie