Reluctant to get help for health/other problems?

CPresearcher

Reluctant to get help for health/other problems?

Post by CPresearcher » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Reluctant to get help for health/other problems because of social work involvement? Your views sought by independent researcher

Are you suffering from depression, or have a drink/drugs problem or are living with an abusive partner, but are too frightened to get help because you are worried that Children’s Services (Social Services) might get involved with your family? Have you asked for help from a health professional and been referred because of child protection concerns? What might have helped, either before you sought help or after you had sought help, and whether you were referred because of child protection concerns or not? I am a researcher interested in how child protection can affect how people access health and other care. Please either post here or email me at: childprotectionandhelpseeking@gmail.com with your thoughts, comments, stories etc. I am interested in families who have never had social services involvement as well as those that have past or current involvement. All responses treated in strictest confidence. Many thanks.