Can more children taken

twilight1107

Can more children taken

Post by twilight1107 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi.

I had my last children removed together in 2015 and care orders made in 2016. . I did do bad I caused harm to my older child lacked insight was in a negative cycle wgich i regret and learnt from and had over 16 months undertook therapy which proffessiona have said we done so much work ECT but not in children's timescales.

I'm having unsupervised contact 4 hours a month with my 9 yr old daughter who is in foster care. Sadly younger ones were adopted.

I'm with a new partner and been together 2 years now pregnant.

Will ss take me straight to court and remove baby when it's born? Or will they consider child protection?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Can more children taken

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Dear Twilight 1107,

Welcome back to the Parent’s Forum and congratulations on your pregnancy.

Children services will carry out a pre- birth assessment of your circumstances to see what has changed since the final orders were made in respect of your older children.

I suggest that first of all have a look at the court’s judgment which will set out why the care and placement orders were made.
So for example, you mention in a previous post that you had a negative psychological assessment- that you would not be able to complete the therapy needed within the timescales of your children. Have you completed the therapy that was suggested? You are likely to have a further psychological assessment and may even be re assessed by the same psychologist.

What about other support that it was suggested you get? Have you addressed the other issues that were identified? If not, can you seek that support now?
You have a new partner. Children services will want to assess him and see whether he needs any support to help him be a parent. He could be assessed jointly with you but also separately from you. Has he (and you) got family and friends who could be assessed to support you if your baby remains living with you or be carers for your baby if the court decide this is not possible?
You could ask for a family group conference to look for support within the family and also find “connected” people (relatives and friends who could care for baby if you and dad have a negative assessment.

See our film and advice sheet about family group conferences.
Whether or not children services take care proceedings will depend on the outcome of the assessment.

The name of an unborn baby can go on a pre- birth child protection plan so the child protection procedures is likely to happen given the previous care proceedings but depends on the pre- birth assessment.
For more information about the pre- court process have a look at page 1 to 10 of the advice sheet about care proceedings.

I also strongly recommend that you get back in touch with your solicitor to see what else s/he recommends.

I hope this is helpful but please post back if you have any other questions. Or to discuss in depth, you could call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.
Best wishes,
Suzie

twilight1107

Post by twilight1107 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi Suzy

A lot happened since the post which you referee to the physiological assessment.

I saw the same one again and she was very positive and noticed the changes.
Basically was trying to get my daughter back which was going well but unfortunately me and her dad spilt up during the time we were attend g therapeutic patenting. We could not lie. So the physiologist said there are 'de abilising factors ie risk of daighter being in a fsmiky of conflict.

The judge agreed with her which meant daughter to stay in long term foster care. Un supervised contact 4 hours pm.she recognised change and said we have basic care skills.

After reading my above does this sound more positive that the L A may cut me some slack?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:35 pm

Dear Twilight1107

Thank you for your further post.

You have clearly worked hard to make changes in your life and to enhance your parenting. It is good that the changes that you have made are being recognised and as you have previously explained you are expecting your new baby with a different partner with whom you have had a relationship for 2 years.

These are all factors to be taken in consideration by the social worker in doing their assessment – they will need to weigh up all the strengths as well as well as looking at any current difficulties, concerns in the past and how they have been addressed.

It is important that you keep up all the progress you have made but also that you look at the suggestions made in my previous response. In addition, make sure you keep all your ante-natal appointments, suggest any additional services that you think would help you and your partner care for the baby and work closely with the social worker.

As recommended, do contact the solicitor who was previously involved as they may be able to help you identify anything else that you could be doing. They can advise you and help you discuss plans with the social worker, even before your baby is born.

It is not possible to predict the outcome of an assessment and unfortunately this is a process you are going to go through. However, you are right to be getting advice now and to be thinking ahead. It may be that you want to post again as the assessment proceeds and new queries arise.

In the meantime here are our advice sheets on family support and child protection procedures and some FAQs on family support, child protection and care proceedings for you to look at to inform you about what to expect and what you can do.

I hope this helps.

With best wishes

Suzie