Core group meeting

Basil

Core group meeting

Post by Basil » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:54 am

Can someone please tell me after a core group meeting does the parents get a report of what is decided?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Core group meeting

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:33 am

Hi Basil

The core group meeting should be minuted by the social worker, and a copy of this sent out to all members. The minutes contain a written record of the child protection plan, current concerns, expectations, how each agency will support you with clear timescales for those changes to take place. It allows not only the family, but the agencies to have a shared understanding of their involvement with you.

If you have not received the minutes within one week of the meeting, it would be advisable to contact the social worker or team manager to request these are sent to you. This allows you to have a clear understanding of what is in the plan, and what needs to happen before the next meeting.

Best Wishes

Suzie

rolfi

Re: Core group meeting

Post by rolfi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:07 pm

I've been to about fifteen core group meetings while my son has been on child protection and child in need plans; I've never seen any minutes despite asking for them. The family court is asking the LA to provide minutes of core group meetings I can't wait to hear their excuses for not being able to.