will social services get back involved? help please

l201812

Re: will social services get back involved? help please

Post by l201812 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:41 pm

yes i still have letter to say thanks for completing assessment and case is closed. my HV has assured me not to worry and to take letter to next midwife appointment on the 7th if jan so i will.
i just cant get it out of my head they caused so much stress lastime i honestly could not bare it again. i just dont want to worry about them ever again as i seeked help for him n got accused of allsorts. she literally rung to say no further action n that i can go home now without supervision from my mother n sister smd a week later received letter.
i see no reason for them to re involve themselves as HV again has assured me there are zero concerns and to stop torchering myself also to tell MW if they want to enquire anything they are welcome to contact her directly.
i think its mostly worry and me being paranoid i just want to enjoy my 2nd pregnancy with my little family and be happy.
if you dont mind me asking as youve said your case was alot heavier than mine and to do with an injury.. have you had a new baby since if so i hope you dont mind but what was your experience with them if any.. sorry to nose i just need reassurance they will not come back into my life:(
thankyou for reading the post to xxx

QuestionMark

Post by QuestionMark » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:12 pm

I have had a new baby since, he's currently in the care of my parents and I'm battling to bring him home. My son who was injured and then passed away in his dads sole care (the inquest is yet to happen) had four healing rib fractures. I didn't know about them at all until hours after he died. I've separated from his dad and have been away from him for 16 months now, I've self-referred to course after course and completed them all, went to all the meetings, been to every contact and there's never been a single concern - it's just a case of fighting for my new son home now and praying for the best x I hope you do enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, I know how much stress these guys can put on us - they're an organisation designed to put pressure on and question and they claim it's with the best interests of the child at heart but.. i doubt it. I think it's really good you can rely on your HV and I hope your family is supportive too, take care of yourself and your little ones xx

l201812

Post by l201812 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:30 pm

im so sorry to hear your struggle and what you are going through, couldnt imagine how you feel sometimes but as youve said your doing everything and i admire that as shows you are so strong!
fingers crossed your baby will be home with you asap! i have hope for you really i do& sorry to have asked you it is very personal.

as children services havent contacted me or anything since case closed in july i was wondering on what grounds would they have to become involved again i know they could if there are new concerns but my HV as reassured me there are absolutely none i just keep thinking there going to just get back involved to just do it and where do i stand if they did or can they simple not get involved unless good factual reasons. im scared they will as when mw told me they were going to contact old sw when i got home i rung her myself and asked for reassurance she told me unless anything new then no they wouldnt look to ( also would i be told if any concerns?) as im aware only my HV can say as i only ever see her..
i keep thinking although ive done absolutely nothing and no new concerns that theyre going yo swoop in and take my children. :(
so sorry to rant i just cant talk to my partner or family ive been doing there heads in but my anxiety is so much:( xxx

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:55 am

I wonder if it would be beneficial to sit down with the social workers manager and discuss your concerns. You can have the HV there for support. This might give you some closure. The meeting doesn't even have to by at your home.

The midwife wouldn't of known the details of past involvement - or been aware of how much distress and emotional turmoil that intervention caused and is continuing to cause.

The above is just a suggestion, so please don't feel under any pressure to act. Even if you don't wish to go along this route you could write your questions down if for nothing more than to get them out your head.

Rant on here to get the thoughts out of your head - I've been doing a fair bit lately myself. I suffer with anxiety also - I'd be lying if the same thoughts of CS swooping in hadn't entered my mind - the majority of people with CS involvement both past and present would of had those thoughts.

Don't sit in silence letting the worries build...

Misery x

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:24 pm

l201812 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:00 pm im new to this group and just looking for some reasurance when my son was 5.5 months old i noticed a mark on his leg only small but was unsure what it was etc so took him to out of hours just to check. he was also mobile at the time rolling over and being able to move about. i was told to stay over night for observation which i did and next day doctors come in to tell me they have contact ss as they couldnt rule out 'non accidentle injury' so i was completely broken as took him as concerned to what it eas they said it was 2 small linear bruises on bottom leg by his shin. i couldnt give a reason for it as i didnt know and didnt want to lie and as he was under 6 months old although they could see he was mobile they couldnt say he was due to age. long story short they help xrays head scan eye test to check for previous fractures or any broken bones. i was in hospital for just over a week. they finally let me go home on the terms someone eg my mum or sister supervise until an investigation / assessment was carried out which we came up with a written agreement to rules. they held multi agency meetings this took approx 2 months in which the hospital still couldnt rule out non accidental injury due to age and also as i didnt know how he did it all i could think of maybe he rolled onto something but til this day i still dont know. after this meeting the ss rung me to tell me it is ok for me to be unsupervised and that case is now closed as they think everything is fine and they have no concerns although hospital couldnt rule out due to me not having a reason.
so i received a letter on 18th june saying thnakyou for completing assessment with childrens services and that my case was now closed.

my son is now 11 months old and thriving and i have found out i am 12 weeks pregnant with 2nd when i went to booking they asked about previous ss involvement so i was honest and they said that is fine. i thought case closed. on my 12 week scan i seen a different midwife and she asked again so i explained same thing and ahe said she will have yo phone old sw to confirm etc.
i phoned sw to let her know she said unless there is anything new or any concerns they would not be involved again and midwifes asked if i was asked to do again i would as thats what mothers do. so as you can imagine ive been worried sick although i know im doing the best i can and my son is safe and loved i called HV she reassured me there is no concerns anywhere and that they will not be involved she promised me this. i cant seem to get it out of my head as last time was so traumatic being accused like that.
im just looking for reassurance and to know they wont be getting back involved like my HV said.
sorry for long reply but anyone with similar experience feel free to respond :)
Dear l201812

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for posting.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group.

I am sorry that you are feeling so worried about your pregnancy and what it might mean for you as you previously had children’s services involved when your baby son had bruises which the hospital were not able to say were accidental injuries. You say in your post that you could not give an explanation for the bruises and because of your son’s age the hospital said they could not rule out non-accidental injury.
The hospital made a referral to children’s services and they carried out their own assessment the outcome of which was that the case would be closed and this was confirmed to you in writing.

You have had responses to your post indicating that children’s services did not deal with your case appropriately. I am not sure that this is correct. They carried out enquiries as part of their assessment and concluded that they did not need to take any further action. Had there been concerns about your child suffering significant harm in the future, then the case would probably have been taken to child protection. Children’s services whilst being aware of the concerns that the hospital raised decided that you could safely care for your baby.

Please see our advice sheet An introductory guide to Children’s Services which explains the steps that children’s services take when they receive a referral.

Whilst it is understandable that you are worried about children’s services becoming involved again due to your pregnancy, it appears that you have been reassured that children’s services are unlikely to become involved. The social worker does not appear to have any concerns and has informed you that unless there are new concerns they will not be involved. The midwife has, in their safeguarding role, to ask whether there has been previous involvement. In fact, if children’s services had concerns there would probably have been a flag to alert the midwife that children’s services need to be informed of the pregnancy.

The midwives you saw had to ask you whether you had previous involvement with children’s services and this shows, I think, that there are no ongoing concerns about you.

You have had an opportunity to discuss your concerns with the health visitor who has reassured you that childen’s services are not going to be involved. The health visitor would be one of people to whom children’s services would speak about whether there were concerns about your son so I think you should take this to mean that children’s services are not going to be involved in the way they were when you took you son to hospital.

As they were previously, the midwife may contact children’s services and if there are no concerns they will not become involved. They may after the referral speak with you but there would be no reason to reopen the closed case unless children’s services say they have concerns about you keeping you baby safe.

Every case is decided on its own particular circumstances and someone else’s experience is not going to be the same as yours. Difficult though it may seem from what you have heard and read, children’s services’ role is to keep children safely in their family.

I suggest that you put your worries away and enjoy your pregnancy, worrying may cause you to become over anxious which might then become a problem for you. Your child was never removed from your care, children’s services investigated and closed the file and I think you should be reassured by this.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Suzie