will social services get back involved? help please

l201812

will social services get back involved? help please

Post by l201812 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:59 pm

im new to this group and just looking for some reasurance when my son was 5.5 months old i noticed a mark on his leg only small but was unsure what it was etc so took him to out of hours just to check. he was also mobile at the time rolling over and being able to move about. i was told to stay over night for observation which i did and next day doctors come in to tell me they have contact ss as they couldnt rule out 'non accidentle injury' so i was completely broken as took him as concerned to what it eas they said it was 2 small linear bruises on bottom leg by his shin. i couldnt give a reason for it as i didnt know and didnt want to lie and as he was under 6 months old although they could see he was mobile they couldnt say he was due to age. long story short they help xrays head scan eye test to check for previous fractures or any broken bones. i was in hospital for just over a week. they finally let me go home on the terms someone eg my mum or sister supervise until an investigation / assessment was carried out which we came up with a written agreement to rules. they held multi agency meetings this took approx 2 months in which the hospital still couldnt rule out non accidental injury due to age and also as i didnt know how he did it all i could think of maybe he rolled onto something but til this day i still dont know. after this meeting the ss rung me to tell me it is ok for me to be unsupervised and that case is now closed as they think everything is fine and they have no concerns although hospital couldnt rule out due to me not having a reason.
so i received a letter on 18th june saying thnakyou for completing assessment with childrens services and that my case was now closed.

my son is now 11 months old and thriving and i have found out i am 12 weeks pregnant with 2nd when i went to booking they asked about previous ss involvement so i was honest and they said that is fine. i thought case closed. on my 12 week scan i seen a different midwife and she asked again so i explained same thing and ahe said she will have yo phone old sw to confirm etc.
i phoned sw to let her know she said unless there is anything new or any concerns they would not be involved again and midwifes asked if i was asked to do again i would as thats what mothers do. so as you can imagine ive been worried sick although i know im doing the best i can and my son is safe and loved i called HV she reassured me there is no concerns anywhere and that they will not be involved she promised me this. i cant seem to get it out of my head as last time was so traumatic being accused like that.
im just looking for reassurance and to know they wont be getting back involved like my HV said.
sorry for long reply but anyone with similar experience feel free to respond :)