Getting my sister to zip her jacket up.

Scottish Marion

Getting my sister to zip her jacket up.

Post by Scottish Marion » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:56 pm

Hi guys, I am new to this forum so here is a little bit about myself :). I am an 18yr old Scottish girl who lives at home in order to babysit my little sister whilst parents are at work. I am currently at college doing a course on childcare so that works well as both me and my sister finish at the same time which means I can pick her up from school.

My sister likes being active outdoors a lot so, when it's not pleasant and especially now that winter is approaching, me and my parents like her to be appropriately dressed for these conditions.

During winter, we get really cold temperatures with the liklihood of lying snow so we always advise her to fully wrap up by wearing a nice warm jacket, a hat, scarf and gloves. She quite happily wears all these, however, she will always battle us on if she requires the jacket zipped. We advise that she does zip it due to the freezing conditions but she just sulks which results in me having to zip it, but she just complains that I have zipped it to high up, I zip it right to the top then do up the velcro

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Getting my sister to zip her jacket up.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:11 pm

Dear Scottish Marion

Thank you for your post and I am sorry that you are having such a difficult time with your little sister having her coat zipped.

Unfortunately, the issue you have posted about is not within our remit and, additionally, we do not provide for families in Scotland as we cover only the law in England and Wales.

Your parents and you may find it helpful to contact this organisation .

Perhaps it will be just letting her decide when she is cold enough.

Hope you are able to get the help and support you and your parents need.

Best wishes

Suzie