Child Trust Fund Managed By 'Official Solicitor' Back to Parent

charmed1

Child Trust Fund Managed By 'Official Solicitor' Back to Parent

Post by charmed1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:25 am

Hi all. My children went into foster care and I received a letter from my children's CTF provider that their accounts were now managed by the 'Official Solicitor' because there wasn't an appropriate person with parental responsibility available. Now my son is home with me full time, no court order. My daugher remains in care as she has complex needs. My question is how do I contact the OS and get the account for my son transferred back to me to manage? I have been told I need a 'change of registered contact form' but I don't know where to send it to in order for the change to happen. I have contacted my daughter's IRO but he has no idea. I am waiting for the children's finance department to get back to him which could be a long wait.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Child Trust Fund Managed By 'Official Solicitor' Back to Parent

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:45 pm

Dear charmed1

Thank you for your post.

It is great that you have your son in your care. Has the care order been discharged or is children’s services intending to make the application to discharge the order.

Although your son is with you if the care order remains I am not sure that you will be able to have the funds transferred to you as your son is in the same position subject to a care order and the responsibility of children's services, but living with you. This is just an observation but I am sure the Official Solicitor will be able to clarify the position for you.

I have included below the address for the Official Solicitor:

Official Solicitor and Public Trustee
Victory House
30-34 Kingsway
London
WC2B 6EX

I hope you will get the information you need.

Best wishes

Suzie

charmed1

Re: Child Trust Fund Managed By 'Official Solicitor' Back to Parent

Post by charmed1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:23 am

Thank you Suzie for your help. My son was under a supervision order until earlier this year which expired and the case closed by children's services shortly after. I hope they can help me.