Fought for my son and won.

Heartbrokenmom1606

Fought for my son and won.

Post by Heartbrokenmom1606 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:27 pm

Hi I have posted on here a few times in regards to my son being in the care of my L.A due to myself and partner being in a 'pool of perpitrators'. Just wanted to update that my son is coming home on the 1st of October full time. Our contact is currently at the family home now unsupervised. So i just want to let anyone know who is going through court for their child that you can do this. My biggest advice is cooperate fully even when you feel they are wrong. Always agree with them. Be fully open and honest even if you think it will make it worse. Nothing is worse that not being with your child. Do everything they ask of you. By all means question them if u feel something is factually wrong but always keep some evidence to back this up. It's the hardest battle of your life but I just want to let people know it can be done.

Miserylovescompany2

Re: Fought for my son and won.

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:36 pm

Hello Heartbrokenmom - I have sat and read through your previous posts admittedly with tears in my eyes. You are one incredible lady. Children's Services had already written you off - their mind was made up based on a set of circumstances from 8 years ago. A predetermined decision made without even meeting you. Even at your lowest ebb you fought back.

I wish you all the best xx

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:06 pm

Heartbrokenmom1606 wrote:Hi I have posted on here a few times in regards to my son being in the care of my L.A due to myself and partner being in a 'pool of perpitrators'. Just wanted to update that my son is coming home on the 1st of October full time. Our contact is currently at the family home now unsupervised. So i just want to let anyone know who is going through court for their child that you can do this. My biggest advice is cooperate fully even when you feel they are wrong. Always agree with them. Be fully open and honest even if you think it will make it worse. Nothing is worse that not being with your child. Do everything they ask of you. By all means question them if u feel something is factually wrong but always keep some evidence to back this up. It's the hardest battle of your life but I just want to let people know it can be done.
Dear Heartbrokenmom1606

Thank you very much for taking the time to post again.

I am so pleased for you that your son will be returning home to your care on 1st October. It is really nice to have a success story on the discussion board.

Thank you for sharing your experience and encouraging others that it is possible with work and cooperation with children’s services to have a good outcome.

I wish you and your son the very best as you both work towards adjusting to being together again.

Good luck.

Best wishes

Suzie

QuestionMark

Post by QuestionMark » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:16 pm

I've sent you a private message but I think it's still in my outbox so I just wanted to say that I am so overwhelmingly happy for you, as are my family as we've all been following your story! Please keep in touch and I know you'll have the best, most wonderful life with your son - congratulations!!