How do I complain about a social worker

A123

How do I complain about a social worker

Post by A123 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:14 pm

I've had numerous issues with my social worker from the beginning ranging from being threatened with court to her now allowing my child around a registered sex offender, I have spoke to the complainants department who had no record/ lossed my report I've met with my social workers manager who's backed up my social worker I'm getting no where and don't no who's tighter up than their complaints team. My child was removed due to a car accident last year after there was a rehab plan in place since she has been placed where she is I've raised issues with clothes being too big I mean to the point her coat would fall off her she's had brusing to either side of her head apparently walked into a letter box circular bruises though and now this sex offender I've had enough of not being listened to thanks

Tazza

Re: How do I complain about a social worker

Post by Tazza » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:19 pm

Hi I totally understand your frustration.. I've had to get rid of 4 different social workers over a 3yr period. Basically I complained to head of services, even though they ignored it and passed it down to the social workers line manager..well I totally disagreed with that decision..I wrote again stating the line manager will have a biased opinion on his worker.. I want somebody neutral. I made sure I made notes of all the decrepencies the social workers did then I threatened them with a solicitor and the ombudsmen...I got the workers changed and even 2 sacked!! It's perseverance and constantly stating your case...
Good luck I'm no professional but I've had my yrs of arguing with the social services

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: How do I complain about a social worker

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:38 pm

A123 wrote:I've had numerous issues with my social worker from the beginning ranging from being threatened with court to her now allowing my child around a registered sex offender, I have spoke to the complainants department who had no record/ lossed my report I've met with my social workers manager who's backed up my social worker I'm getting no where and don't no who's tighter up than their complaints team. My child was removed due to a car accident last year after there was a rehab plan in place since she has been placed where she is I've raised issues with clothes being too big I mean to the point her coat would fall off her she's had brusing to either side of her head apparently walked into a letter box circular bruises though and now this sex offender I've had enough of not being listened to thanks
Dear A123

Thank you for posting.

I see from your post that you are concerned about how the social worker managed your case and want to make what I assume to be a complaint.

It is not clear from your post whether you are still in care proceedings regarding your baby. If you are then I think you should discuss your concerns with your solicitor who will be able to contact the legal department to get answers for you. Alternatively, your solicitor will be able to advise you whether it is the right time to make a formal complaint.

Should you decide that you want to make a complaint about how your case has been managed by the social worker you can make a complaint to the team manager for the issues that you have to be considered. Alternatively, you can make a formal complaint and our advice sheet Challenging decisions and making complaints. When you write your letter of complaint you can copy the Director of children’s services in so that he or she is aware of your complaint.

You could also speak to the independent reviewing officer (IRO) about your daughter as his or her role is to ensure that the care plan is being implemented and her welfare. If you do not know who the IRO is then you can ask the social worker for their details. The IRO is usually the person who chairs looked after child (LAC) reviews.

Do you have evidence or facts about a sex offender being around your child? If you do then you should inform your solicitor or the children’s guardian involved in the case about your worry in this regard.

Tazza who posted a response to your post has given you the benefit of her experience but you should keep in mind that each case will be dealt with on the basis of its own particular facts.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, please telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3pm.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie