please help

Post Reply
misty blue
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:23 am

please help

Post by misty blue » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi members I'm hoping you can give me some advice. 
(back ground ) 
I have been with my partner for 14 years. we have a six year old son. My partner was charged and sentenced to 3 years. For something that happened almost 20 years ago. ( with a child. my partner still claims his innocence and there was no proof at the trail) his will be able to be sealed next year on tag. Up to now child services have not been involved. I have a form to fill out to apply for him to have contact with our son. It says they will contact child services. 
I have read a few post and reply on here and understand that it is going to be a long and slow to get anywhere with them. I also understand that our son will be placed on child protection plan. I will work honest and open with child services and hope to get our life's back. From what I have read I am worried child services will do all they can to stop this happening. I am also worried they will not let me stay in touch with my partner while they do their assessment. ( he is struggling to deal with what has happened and worried losing contact will be to much for him) What are the chances he will be able to return home after his release? As child services are not involved yet I'm worried about when they do. I understand they have the child best interest but so do I? I also read child services will want to tell my six year old what my partner is in side for? can someone please try make me feel better about child services? 
thank you for reading.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2285
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: please help

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:08 pm

Dear misty blue

I have responded to your post on a different thread as you posted twice.


Post Reply