Sharing a court order

Beebee86

Sharing a court order

Post by Beebee86 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:11 pm

can I get in trouble with a family law judge for sharing a court order with a police officer? They are investigating potential police misconduct and requested it. I shared it believing i was doing the right thing and now it is a matter for discussion at next hearing.

Also HMI are requesting a copy for child benefit - can I share it?

Thanks x

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Sharing a court order

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Dear Beebee86

Thank you for your further post.

Court proceedings relating to children are confidential and so are documents. There are specified person or bodies to whom disclosure can be made without the court’s permission. Permission of the court should be obtained before making any other disclosure.

I have attached the list of persons/bodies to whom disclosure can be made for your information

The disclosure that you have made to the police office was not as part of a criminal investigation and appears to be outside the attached rules. The court is likely to be concerned that you made disclosure without seeking permission first. I think you may be able to say that you thought as it was to a professional body it would be alright but it will be for the judge to make a decision.

It appears that you would also need permission from the court to disclose the order in respect of child benefit since it is not included in the attached list. Why do they need an order, is there a dispute about who your child is living with or do they need confirmation who legally the child or children should live with.?

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie
Attachments
Communication of information by a party etc.pdf
(217.21 KiB) Downloaded 235 times