child protection procedings.

alsjifjlnear

child protection procedings.

Post by alsjifjlnear » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:20 pm

these are some questions that have cropped up in my mind, since our CP conference a few weeks ago.

how long should a CP conference take/last? is it one of those things that kind of takes as long as it takes, or is there a time limit set on them... how long would you theoretically expect one to take?

Is there a way to have the report written for conference looked at via someone else, if it isn't factually correct? surely it should be as this is what the chair of the conference is basing their decision on.
how would one go about this? surely if the report is proven to be factually lacking (to put it mildly!), and based purely on speculation/opinion of the social worker then the CP outcome must be overturned, as the reasons the social worker took it to conference and gave to the other professionals in the first place have been proven to be false.

i can't find any specific answers to these questions on any CP advisories online. id be grateful for input.

I am Wales if that helps.

Kami2018

Re: child protection procedings.

Post by Kami2018 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:01 pm

At ur conference u will get the chance to say it thoughts and opinion of what u agree and don't agree with in the facts being wrote about you and it situation normally a child protection meeting is between 10 to 14 days

alsjifjlnear

Post by alsjifjlnear » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:04 pm

i didn't get that opportunity because the social worker turned up to conference late.
the chair prioritized the social workers POV and i didn't get the chance to speak.

Kami2018

Post by Kami2018 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:07 pm

Well that's awful because at every child protection case chair person should introduce themselves and introduce everyone there and everyone is asked to talk and at the end every parent should be given a chance to say there thoughts and opinion on everything that's being heard