Are social services for real?????

ladyp

Are social services for real?????

Post by ladyp » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:11 am

Hi long story short my grandchildren were living with their grandad social services have now put the eldest back with her mum ( because my eldest gd non existent father objected) last night he tried to abduct my granddaughter after children's services were told he had said he would do this!! They are doing nothing Why???? What can be done she needs to go back to her grandad to be safe and they won't allow it

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Are social services for real?????

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Dear ladyp

Thank you for your further post.

You have not given very much information in this post about the circumstances that led to your eldest granddaughter being placed in her mother’s care. How old is your granddaughter? Was she subject to a care order or did her grandfather have a special guardianship or child arrangement order for her?

As you say children’s services has placed your granddaughter with her mum, I assume there is a care order in place as this would give children’s services (new name for social services) and plans were made for her to be rehabilitated home. If there is still a care order in place, then it will be for children’s services to take action if the father tries to remove her. If there is no care order then it will be for her mother to obtain an order that she lives with her and an order to prevent father removing her from her care.

You do not say why children’s services made the decision to remove your grandchildren. Were the children only temporarily with their grandfather? I think children’s services would have made the decision about removing the children based and what was considered best for the children. Why would children’s services think they were better off away from their grandfather? You seem to take the opposite view. The mother is, no doubt, happy to have her child/children back in her care.

I am unable to give you any detailed advice as you have given very little information about the current situation. You may wish to read our advice sheet Reuniting children in the care system with their families for more information.

I hope you find this helpful but should you wish to speak to an adviser, please telephone our free advice line on 0808 801 036. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

Best wishes

Suzie

ladyp

Re: Are social services for real?????

Post by ladyp » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi both girls were placed with their grandad because my daughter failed a hair strand test there was no routines poor diet and the youngest had bad dreams of someone tickling her and she didn't like it!! The eldest was returned because her father decided he didn't want his daughter with her grandad so they returned her to mum and then he tried to abduct her (she is 12) the day after children's services after calls from myself and others then returned her to her grandad. All children's services said was it is down to us to keep her safe until I pointed out they are both on c.p so it is also their responsibility. But thankfully now she is safe and can get into a better routine.