Children services seem to be unfair

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 1:50 am

Children services seem to be unfair

Post by TY1234 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi.. need some advice please

My partner has an ongoing investigation where someone has alleged sexual abuse when they were both under the age of 12.
Social services were informed and I was told to supervise overnight visits with his daughter (from his ex partner)
When our baby was due the AIT team came in told me to move out our family home and my partner wasn’t allowed to be at the birth and I wasn’t allowed to supervise.

The investigation is now with cps but I’m still not allowed to supervise til I finish a protector course yet his ex partner can supervise their daughter, seems unfair to me.

Why would they do this?
It also seem against our human rights to family life when we were told my partner couldn’t be at our child’s birth. Is that right? It seems extreme from an allegations when he was a minor which he hasn’t be arrested or charged for.


User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2212
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Children services seem to be unfair

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Dear TY1234

I am sorry to hear of your situation and from what you have written it seems that an assessment (for more information about assessments, click here, and read chapter 3) may have been undertaken and concluded in the decision that whilst your husband’s case is being assessed by the Crown Prosecution Service he should not have contact with any child.

If this is the case did the social worker say the exact reasons why he could not attend the birth of your child? You have said that your husband has a child from a previous relationship. Do you know whether he or his ex-partner were known to Children’s Services and if so, in what capacity?

You say that due to the severity of the allegations you were asked to move out of the family home I am not sure what the abbreviation AIT stands for, so cannot guess from what authority you were advised to move away from your home.

In relation to the extremity of the decisions of the professionals, child protection following allegations of child abuse is a very serious issue, your husband at the time of the alleged incident may have been above the age of criminal responsibility. This being said, at the birth of your baby, you could have been supported by a midwife who specialises in child protection at births where there are concerns about a parent. Perhaps it would be useful for you to ask your local authority social worker for their documents that relate to their policies and procedures, as well as requesting information about the contact arrangements after you have completed your course.

You may also like to speak to us to answer the questions I have asked. The number to call is 0808 801 0366, and is open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3.00pm: you may speak to us in confidence.

I hope this response is helpful.

Best wishes


Post Reply