Family members allowed to supervise

Post Reply
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:17 am

Family members allowed to supervise

Post by Crocus » Sat May 12, 2018 9:03 am

My child is on the child protection register due to mothers actions, she is on bail. Mother and I have never been in a relationship. Mother lives with her parents. My child is allowed to live with them for a few days each week but mother must be supervised by maternal grandparents 1:1 at all times. I have reported that grandparents are not supervising 1:1 at all times and that none of them restrain my child when transporting (nursery also reported no restraints). Also now reported they are coaching child to be dishonest and secretive in order to cover up their actions. CFS say family deny my allegations. No sanctions have been imposed. Grandparents state at every meeting that my child is completely safe. How is it that they are allowed to be supervisors when their own behaviour has been called into question?

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2212
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Family members allowed to supervise

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon May 14, 2018 5:19 pm

Dear Crocus

Welcome to the Board and thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear that you are worried about your child when she/he is in the care of her/his grandparents. I am not sure where you are posting from but in England you are correct in stating that children must be restrained in vehicles, the Government provides information about it and that can be found here, it may be useful for you to pass the information to the grandparents and the social worker if appropriate.

You say that you have raised your concerns with the social worker, perhaps you should do so again, as it may be that social workers have fully assessed the grandparents and found them able to safeguard their grandchild well and found that they are appropriate supervisors where their daughter's contact with your child is concerned.

Our advice sheet about Child protection procedures may be useful to you. We also have an advice sheet called DIY Child Arrangements Orders: information for family and friends carers: applying for a court order is an option that you may want to explore.

I hope this information helps.

Best wishes


Post Reply