Current partners history

Beebee86

Current partners history

Post by Beebee86 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:50 am

Hi
In response to the last message Suzie-They have done a pnc and social services checks and the judge was happy to sign it all off
My ex is demanding a full disclosure

I just don’t understand if he was cleared from pnc what could a full disclosure show that would raise concerns?

How is he still having contact with his own child including overnight stays if he has a prohibited steps order to stop him being around my children? X

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Current partners history

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 18, 2018 3:43 pm

Hello Beebee86

Thank you for your further posts.

I see you are still concerned about the request being made by your children’s father for full disclosure in respect of your current partner despite PNC and children’s services (new name for social services) checks being carried out. You do not say what allegations your ex-partner has made against your current partner.

It seems that your partner’s details should be data protected so not sure how your ex-partner has been able to access this information to use in court. You do not say what work he does but his employers should have data protection policy in place. Does his work involve safeguarding children?

Your current partner may want to contact the information commissioner’s office on 0303 123 1113 to enquire whether it was appropriate for this person to share that information. There are certain circumstances where a person can made a disclosure where children's safety involved which is exempt from data protection.

Turning to your question about full disclosure, this is likely to involve a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This means that if there is any additional information regarding your partner this is likely to be disclosed in this check. However, if there is a restriction on your partner being around children this suggests there may be a restriction imposed by a court and children’s services should be aware of this especially as you say your partner has children.

You mention a prohibited steps order regarding your partner, this would not be same as a restriction on his being around children. A prohibited steps order would be an order made by the court on application by his children’s mother or whoever is caring for them that he could not, for example, remove them from school or that person’s care.

If you do not have a solicitor representing you in this case, you may obtain advice from the Child Law Advice line on 0300 330 5480.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie