Current partners history

Beebee86

Current partners history

Post by Beebee86 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Hi
I hope someone can help. My ex partner father to my three children, has made claims against my current partner.

He has access to data through his job and he has stated in court that the files show my current partner should not be around our children.

I have been with my current partner for over three years and my children get along with him. No allegations have been made.

Could you please tell me what is it my ex could have seen that would prevent him being round my children?

He has his own daughter every weekend and she stops with us so I’m really confused!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Current partners history

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed May 02, 2018 12:02 pm

Dear Beebee86,

Welcome to the Parent’s Forum.

I can see that you are understandably worried about an allegation against your partner. There are ongoing court proceedings.

It sounds like you do not have full details of what the possible risk could be and your exe has not elaborated. Did he not set it out in his statement? I expect the court will want to know more.

Have you asked your partner what the risk could be?

Are you in in private law proceedings (for example dealing with the arrangements for your child, such as contact)?
If so, the best way forward would be to contact the CAFCASS officer about this. They will be doing background checks with children services as part of the report writing. I expect they will need the consent of your partner to complete the checks.

If the allegation is about sexual abuse or domestic violence, you could also use the disclosure schemes that are run by the police. You would need to ring the police non- urgent number in your area.

Here is some information about the sexual harm disclosure scheme and the
domestic violence disclosure scheme guidance .

If there are care proceedings
I would have expected background checks to have already happened during the child protection process.

I hope this advice helps but if you need further advice, please post again.

Best wishes,

Suzie

Beebee86

Post by Beebee86 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:28 pm

They have done a pnc and social services checks and the judge was happy to sign it all off
My ex is demanding a full disclosure

I just don’t understand if he was cleared from pnc what could a full disclosure show that would raise concerns?

Beebee86

Post by Beebee86 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:05 am

Please help x

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 18, 2018 3:57 pm

Hello Beebee86

I have responded to your posts on another thread.

Best wishes

Suzie