Parenting assessment

Heartbrokenmom1606

Parenting assessment

Post by Heartbrokenmom1606 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi, I just wanted to know what other agencies can a parenting assessor contact as we have just started our assessments and had to agree to other agencies being contacted. My son is under an ICO and we are currently fighting to have him returned home after removal at birth. I had 3 previous children removed from mine and my current partners care in 2011 due to neglect, not engaging with services and findings against us both of NAI. Do you think they will ever return my son :cry: Please help Thank you in advance.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Parenting assessment

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:26 pm

Dear Heartbrokenmom1606

Thank you for your further post.

In response to your question about what other agencies a parenting assessor can contact, this it would normally be agencies that have been involved with you. This could include your doctor, health visitor, hospital or anyone else who has been involved with you and your family.

You say that you had previous children removed due to neglect and findings being made against you both in respect of non-accidental injury (NAI) and want to know if your son will be returned to your care. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to answer this question. You are being assessed and it will depend on the outcome of the assessment and other factors relevant to your current situation which will need to be considered.

My advice is that you continue to work in a positive way with children’s services and other professionals.

Please do refer to the response to your earlier post and the information and advice sheets.

As previously suggested, you can telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366 to speak to an adviser. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie