what should i do

santa fe

what should i do

Post by santa fe » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:01 am

Hi It is my sons birthday in a few days and all i get from the SW is he does not want to see me and she takes great pride in telling me this!
But i just think to myself he will one day and he will come to me.
This has been going on since he got took into care and the next day he turned up at my house and due to bail conditions i had to report him to the SW.
Now i think the reason he does not want any thing to do with me is;
1. He thinks i grassed him up to the SW.
2. His mum has Poisoned him against me again the same with his older brother.
3. His mum seems to buy him what he wants like new phones and whatever else as she has contact with him.

What should i do for his birthday such as card and present as i have NOT seen him since May this year.
Thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: what should i do

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi sante fe

Welcome back to the board.

Could you remind us how old your son is that you refer to?

I would suggest that you buy a birthday card, and put a short note in it. If you really want to purcahse a gift, I would keep this to a minimum or even consider putting some money away for him to access at a later date.

Either way, I think your son will appreciate that you are thinking of him on his birthday, even though you may not be living together.

If you are looking for some ideas, the following website has ideas for gifts for 0 - 18 years
http://www.buyagift.co.uk/For-children-BN-10b.aspx

Best Wishes

Suzie

santa fe

Re: what should i do

Post by santa fe » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Thanks Suzie
He will be 14 and i have just learnt from my solicitor it is either what mum has been saying or the fact i had to report him to the SW and he feels betrade by me but i had no choice at the time.
As for the present thats easy "A new phone" two can play her game but the one i would get is a model he wants.
But i think i will just send a card and a note, saying what i dont know.
Thanks