In limbo

Legbrace74

In limbo

Post by Legbrace74 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:48 pm

:oops: Hi I will try and keep this as short as possible. On the 14th of December the police turned up with a search warrant saying that the ip address had been linked to some indecent images and they removed my husband's computer and my autistic children's I say children (20 and 21) but are very young mentally phones and laptops my husband was not arrested or anything they did the paper work and left the next day social services turned up we ended going to a child protection conference at which they put them in child in need not child protection. The police officer at the conference said they had done a level 1 scan and found nothing. I am just worried ss will say my husband has to move out height is in a wheelchair as he has no feeling in his legs and has seizures which are uncontrolled my younger children would not cope if he had to move out they are upset when he has to go the hospital. Any advice would be much appreciated
Thank you

Legbrace74

Re: In limbo

Post by Legbrace74 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:57 am

Just an update my husband has to go for a voultery interview next week with the police. My biggest concern is ss as they have said they don't need a conviction. My husband is disabled and is in a wheelchair and also has uncontrolled seizures so he needs lots of help can they just make him leave the family home he won't survive on his own his mum is going through cancer treatment and hasn't got room for him and my family we don't talk to long story lol.
Any advice would be much appreciated
I will let you know what happens

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:26 pm

Dear Legbrace74

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board.

Thank you for posting again regarding the ongoing involvement with your family of children’s services and the police. It is understandably a very difficult time for you and your husband. It appears that you did not get a response to your earlier post and I apologise for the oversight.

Children’s services took the case to an initial child protection conference the outcome of which was for the children to be placed on child in need plans. They could have suggested from the beginning that your husband should not be in the home but have not done so.

The outcome of the police interview with your husband will be important as the initial level 1 investigation you said revealed nothing. It is true that children’s services do not need your husband to be convicted of the offence and, even if the police decide to take no further action, their concerns regarding your children’s welfare will remain as their role is about safeguarding the children. Children’s services could, if they believe your husband poses a risk to your children because of their particular needs, carry out a risk assessment to decide on the level of risk which could be high, medium or low.

What children’s services will want to be sure of is that you are able to protect the children and keep them safe whilst their father is in the home. You are probably already doing this under the child in need plan. Here is our advice sheet relating to Family support.

Hopefully, it will not come to a position where children’s services will suggest that your husband cannot be in the home. You will need to wait and see what happens when he meets with the police.

Our advice sheet relating to Child protection procedures gives more information about how a child protection plan works should children’s services decide to go down that route.

As your husband has a disability, if it was suggested that he should leave the family home, then he should be able to have housing sorted out for him. Hopefully, it will not come to the point where this will happen. He would also be entitled to have support from the adult disability team to help him with his day to day needs.

You may want to ask the social worker to explain what further action is likely to be taken following the police interview since you already have child in plan in place. The social worker should also be able to tell you what they would expect of you and your husband to do to satisfy them that the children will be safe at home.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, please telephone our free, confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Legbrace74

Post by Legbrace74 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Thanks for the reply I will let you know what happens on Thursday hopefully it will all be ok

Legbrace74

Post by Legbrace74 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi suzie.
My husband went to the interview at the police station and they said they had found 2 category A 15 category B and 108 category C image's in unallocated space on the hard drive but the coudnt find any date's or or restore a picture. They asked him a lot of questions and they said the believe it was my brother who was coming around a lot at the time when rhe ip address was linked to an image he was using p2p software. They said although they belive it was him they can't prove it was him. They said my husband was free to go and they will be in touch.
Hope this is nearly over as the stress is getting to much for us all.
Once again. Thank you for helping