They took my baby at 3 days old!!

LA1997

They took my baby at 3 days old!!

Post by LA1997 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:45 pm

:cry:

Have posted on here before.

My little boy was born on the 31st December 2017 - CS went to court on the 2nd of January (with only 50 minutes of letting me know) by 5.30pm they came to hospital to take my baby into foster care.
It was the most horrible experience that I've been through, feeling like I had a part of me ripped off me.. Im well and truly heartbroken.

They didn't even take into consideration that I was breastfeeding him..

Before they went to court, I rang my solicitor and asked him to suggest in court if I could go into a mother and baby unit or foster placement with my LB but at court they said there weren't any places available.

I've got court on the 11th where they will be I believe seeking for adoption if there isn't any other solutions.

My mum has offered to look after my little boy but in the situation she is living in I don't think they will allow her and too short notice of her finding a new place and I dont think they will wait to give her the time to do so.

I'm really lost on what to do.

I'm thinking of starting a petition to save my little man. We've been treated unfairly, we accept we have made mistakes. We have changed in the last three/four months since our eldest was adopted. They still think our past is effecting us to parent.. It doesn't! We both love our boys endless amounts and we would do anything for either of them.

Can someone help me? Anyone know of any good solicitors, or can help with starting this petition! I need to do something because I don't know what will happen if I lose my bundle of joy..

Thanks if anyone can help! If you need any more info I will be happy to answer any questions either privately or on replies.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: They took my baby at 3 days old!!

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:38 am

Dear LA1997,

I am so sorry to hear that your older son was not returned to your care. You say the plan is for him to be adopted. I understand that your new baby has also been removed from you as well while the court decides where your baby is going to live long term.

You are clearly missing them both very much and you are worried about what decisions the court might make in respect of your new baby.
You went to court yesterday (11th). Did you have solicitors helping you at court? If not, you can find a solicitor at the Law society –find a solicitor .

You mention that adoption is also the plan for your new-born baby.

It is important that you know the difference between “fostering for adoption” and just adoption as a plan alongside other possible plans, such as him returning home to you or dad or going to live with friends or family.
"Fostering for adoption" is when a child is placed with foster carers who have also been assessed as adopters, instead of with short term foster carers. If the court decides at the end of the care proceedings that your baby cannot return home to you or your family, then the foster carers will keep your baby and seek adoption. This makes it very difficult to argue that your baby should return to your family once she has settled with 'foster for adoption' foster carers. This is why you should get urgent legal advice, if this is being considered.

You have just been through care proceedings in respect of your older son so will have an idea of the court process. Even so you might want to look at our advice sheet about care proceedings . It sets out the different hearings that take place and what different court orders can be made.
At the end of the care proceedings, the court will decide where your baby will live long term.
First, the court will consider whether he can return to you or dad?
Are you able to now provide "good enough" parenting? Children services may well be relying on the judgment that was made in respect of your older son as this was only a few months ago. If so, can you read through the written court judgment? Has anything changed in your life since that time? Have you had support to improve your situation? Have these changes you have made beeb assessed to see whether you have gone far enough to safely parent your baby?

Second, children services should assess any family or friends (connected persons) who could care for your son? This can be people in the UK or abroad, distant cousins, friends or others connected to your baby. Is there anyone? If so, you need to give their contact details to the social worker and your solicitor, as soon as you can, so that they can be assessed.
Has there been a Family Group Conference to look for family or friend who could care for your baby? If not, ask your solicitor whether there is time for this to happen.
I hope this advice helps but please post back or call our advice line for in-depth confidential advice on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,

Suzie