Page 1 of 1

Childrens services

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:03 pm
by Granny7
Hello, can anyone let me know how long cs take to set up referral to enable 15 yr old access supervised by myself and his mum to his other parent on release from prison. Before sentencing cs were mire than happy for this to happen even during the time of a guilty plea whilst on bail. Thankyou

Re: Childrens services

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:08 pm
by Suzie, FRG Adviser
Dear Granny7,

I would expect it to take a few weeks as the social worker will need to read through the paperwork of the professionals, speak directly with any relevant professionals, see you and where you live and assess your ability to protect your grandchild. She will want to speak to the parents as well as your grandchild.

You could contact the social worker directly and ask for a time estimate.
Best wishes,