Someone please help! I don't know what to do!!

LA1997

Someone please help! I don't know what to do!!

Post by LA1997 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Hello, someone please help, I don't know what to do or where to turn..

Me and my partner have recently had our son placed for adoption, through the decision of CS and the Courts.

I am pregnant with our second child, due 28.12.17 - which isnt very far away!

We have had child in need meetings, conferences etc, by the sounds of things, they are taking us to court again.

Im so scared they are going to take our baby away, scared to the point I don't even want this baby to come out (i know its sounds horrible but i am so frightened)

We have done everything they have asked us to do, going to meetings, sorting our mental health out. I am even going to councelling just to better myself! They seem to be making our life so difficult, they won't even communicate with us, the social worker won't even say a thing in the meetings, to the point we have to get annoyed at them. All we want is answers, but we ain't getting any!!

I'm reaching breaking point and its tearing me and my partner apart.

If anyone knows anyone I can contact to get help, support or advice from I would appreciate it!

Thank you for reading.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Someone please help! I don't know what to do!!

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:01 pm

Dear LA1997

Thank you for your further post.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and I am sorry you are not having a happy time to enjoy the forthcoming birth of your baby.

Looking at your previous posts it is clear that you were in care proceedings which led to a plan of adoption for your first child. This decision, was I suppose, made by the court because it was considered by the court that neither you nor your partner could safely care for your child. I do not know why children’s services had concerns about your ability to parent but it appears that there was mental health issues involved.

Were you pregnant during the last court proceedings? If you were, did you make it known to children’s services at the time?

You say you have had meetings and conferences, this would be for pre-birth planning to decide what happens when the baby arrives. Has the baby been placed on a child protection plan? Do you think you have been able to, since the care and placement orders were made for your first child, managed to address the concerns that resulted in care proceedings and the decision that you could not care for your son? Children’s services would have to be satisfied that there are sustainable changes in respect of the previous issues. It may be also, that children’s services do not think you have had enough time to make any significant change.

Have you contacted the solicitor who represented you in the care proceedings for your first baby? The solicitor will be able to advice you in more detail as he or she knows your case. You say in your post that the social worker does not say anything in meetings so perhaps your solicitor could write to the local authority to get information about what children’s services are intending to do regarding your baby.

There is not really very much to be done now especially if pre-birth plans are in place. Children’s services have to wait until the baby is born before they can take action. However, they should give you an indication of what they intend to do once the baby arrives.
Not a lot of time has passed between the end of the last care proceedings and now so unless there are very significant changes, the likelihood is that children’s service may decide to rely on the assessments that have already been done.

As you in your previous posts, you want to know where you can get support, I suggest that you look at the advice given in previous posts regarding who you could contact.

I hope this is helpful but until you know exactly what children’s services are planning it is not clear how best to advise you at this time.
Should you wish to speak to an adviser, you can telephone our free advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

Best wishes

Suzie

LA1997

Re: Someone please help! I don't know what to do!!

Post by LA1997 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Thank you for your reply,

I had a meeting on Tuesday 28th - where they said that my baby will remain in hospital until they can get a court date - to then decide what happens next.

This then resulted in my partner and I having to suggest me go off and do a single parent assessment - which SS didn't really say much other then only court can decide that and they thought that wouldn't be a high chance as I put my son on a section 20 (I didn't think they were gonna put him up adoption) - I suppose that they think I'll do it again - which I won't as all I want is to be a mother and have a second chance!

I'm going to go find myself a solicitor who is a bit better then my previous, see what they say.

I just don't know where to turn. I have 4 weeks left till I'm due, so not much time!!