Advice Needed

Help123

Advice Needed

Post by Help123 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi
My husband was arrested 5 months ago following some allegations from a malicious party. He is still under investigation though has no bail conditions assigned to him.
His 9 yr old son lives with his ex wife - all family aware of allegations and know they are malicious and un true. LA became involved and placed restricted access onto our son and stating he can only be with his dad if his older sister is with him - she has 2 year old daughter herself our grandchild whom there are no restrictions on! This has made contact difficult and as the months roll on into winter even more difficult Activities are limited to what can happen and our son has no individual time with us as granddaughter always there.
We have now found out that the agreement is voluntary and the LA failed to tell any of us this. They have further more said that should his mum cancel this they will have to get involved and will put a flag on our son. They have not told any of us what this means.
I have to say the LA have not been very helpful or forthcoming and have not involved my husband at all - there paperwork on the voluntary agreement states they deem him a risk to children and yet there are no restrictions on him seeing his 2yr old granddaughter. We are due to meet with them tomorrow to try and get a better understanding but was wondering if anyone could advise about the voluntary order please

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Advice Needed

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Dear Help123,
Welcome to the parents forum. I think you will have had the meeting with children services to get a better understanding of the voluntary agreement so I won’t go into a lot of detail here.
To get an idea about how children service's intervention with families differ, depending on the need of a family as well as risk of harm, have a look at the triangle diagram .

Please post back, if you have any questions or need further advice.
Best wishes,

Suzie