relationship with a sex offender

Freddie

Re: relationship with a sex offender

Postby Freddie » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Suzie

How costly would it be to go down the legal route?

Js1965

Postby Js1965 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Having read your post i would be very careful indeed to ensure you are putting your children first ahead of your needs. Social services like to use this one to remove children. Also I fail to see why you would want to bring a six offender into your house. Whatever changes he may have made, he could still be seen as high risk. Tread carefully and put your children first and this relationship on the back burner. I am someone with experience, my children are both now under an SGO due, in part to partners I chose over the years. I am not judging you but do step back and have a think about things!

Freddie

Postby Freddie » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Js1965. I understand many people are not going to understand our relationship. I did not go looking for an offender of any sort. We met we developed feelings like most couples do. I have known from the start about his past and that is everything he has done, circumstances leading up to it, everything. I believe he has changed and he is a good man. The recent assessment shows that myself, family and friends and importantly my children are at no greater risk from him than any other man. We are currently working with SS to introduce him to my children. This is a slow process because we are putting the children's feelings above ours. They are and always have been my everything. I am taking the NSPCC protectors course and both me and my partner are doing some work with SS. Thank you for your concern

Return to “General Discussion”