stratagy meeting

V1234

stratagy meeting

Post by V1234 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:07 am

i had 4 children taken off me 15 years ago and 1 taken at birth 10 years ago .. im now 28 weeks pregnant midwife refered me to ss at 10 weeks pregnant they did a prebiryh assesment at 20 weeks social worker was happy with current situation but said that because i had children removed they have to do a stratagy meeting oct 2nd
i am attending neurturing programme , all my appointments have everything for baby
sw who did the prebirth assesment scored me a 7 on the scaling questions thingy on the assesment ... what will happen next after stratagy meeting ? really cant enjoy my pregnancy with tjis held over my head

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: stratagy meeting

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:23 pm

Dear V1234,

Welcome to the Parents Board and congratulations on your pregnancy.

I am glad that the pre- birth assessment went well. It sounds like things are very different for you now than 10 years ago, when your 4th child was removed from you. That your situation has improved.
When your children were removed, the courts must have found that you were not, at the time, able to provide “good enough” and safe parenting. You do not say why this was. How have things changed?

A strategy meeting (often telephone call) takes place at the beginning of a child protection investigation. It is usually the social worker and police and other professional such as health visitor or midwife discussing whether there needs to be a child protection investigation or often whether there should be a pre birth child protection conference.

Parents do not go to strategy meetings, but you could ask the social worker about it.

Here is a FAQ and answer about pre- birth assessments and support, when a parent has had children removed. Hopefully it will help.

I hope you find my advice helpful but if you have any questions please post back or call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,

Suzie