CPP Conference

egg1

CPP Conference

Post by egg1 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:54 pm

My ex has had 2 Child Protection Plan meetings re my Daughter, her social worker has now informed her they will be getting a solicitor for the next meeting and so should she, why do you think they have said this? as they didnt give a reason.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: CPP Conference

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Egg1

From your post, it sounds like the Local Authority are so concerned, that they are considering issuing care proceeedings. Has your ex partner been informed by Children's Services that they wish to enter into a pre proceedings or PLO agreement with her, and received a formal letter advising her of this?

The agreement would be a last chance to address the Local Authority concerns, with support, over a set timescale, and would be subject to a review, in a few weeks time. If this is what has happened, she should have been given a date, and should take this letter to a solicitor, and seek legal advice without any further delay, so that she can be fully prepared for the meeting?

Can I ask if you have parental responsibility, and if you have also been invited to attend?

Best Wishes

Suzie