Court order

Post Reply
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Court order

Post by twilight1107 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:33 pm


Regards to contact. A family who got my daughter on a child arrangements order.

Basically the court ordered in Dec 2016 that contact should be supervised by my child's guardian only. and with successful therapy eventually can be unsupervised.

How can I go ahead to ask judge if some other family can supervise to support the guardian/family member? Me daughters guardian (grandparent, requests this aswel.

Thank you.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2216
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Court order

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:18 pm

Dear twilight1107

Thanks for your post.

Does your daughter still have a social worker now that she is with a family member under a Child Arrangements Order? If so, it might be worthwhile checking if the social worker would also support this request as they may be asked to comment or to assess the suitability of the family member.

You and/or your daughter’s carer can access private law advice about how to ask the court to vary the terms of the order, in this case in relation to contact and how/by whom it is supervised. You can get advice from Child Law Advice or Rights of Women or by contacting a family solicitor which you can do via the Law Society find a solicitor website.

With best wishes


Post Reply