What can we do?

Hope

What can we do?

Post by Hope » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:00 pm

I am yet to hear anything positive about child protection SS/CS all I hear is lies being told and twisting the truth.
This is happening in our case too.

Surely this cannot continue to happen without HARD FACTS, every parent I have spoken to are presumed guilty before they even know the family and they get other agency to cover their backs with more lies.

Nobody would ever argue that some children need to be protected even from their parents, yet I am seeing far more miscarriages of justices.

Everything I have read suggests the situation is out of control and more and more families are being torn apart needlessly.

Murray72

Re: What can we do?

Post by Murray72 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 am

I think it important to remember that at the moment the system supports the removal of children under fairly flimsy evidence, I agree wholeheartedly that there is a real need for Child Protection in this country.

Once Care Proceedings reach the Family courts decisions are based on the law of probability, this means that the burden of proof has to be 51%, in criminal proceedings the evidence has to prove unreasonable doubt. Parents can be found not guilty in criminal proceedings only to face Civil proceedings and go on to lose there Children, often to Adoption.

The Draconian system needs a complete overhaul. It is the System that is letting down the families in this country.