PLO grandchildren

J123

PLO grandchildren

Post by J123 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi sorry if this is quite long but I'm nearly at the point of going mad. I have two grandsons one aged 3 and the other is 1. Social services have been involved since the first boy was born due to domestic violence with his dad, the eldest one was put on child protection at 6 months because his mum went back to her ex partner and he punched and kicked her while she was changing his bum. That was removed within 3 months and I was able to breathe again since then every time her ex came out of prison she went back to him every time it resulted in violence. Last year they put a PLO in place and again this was removed because she did everything they asked of her and the ex partner went back to prison for other offences. Any way last Tuesday the social worker came to see me asking me if I would take the eldest boy for a couple of days as the youngest one had gone to his other grandmas.
They wanted my daughter to go in a refugee with the boys until it was safe for them to return home as there had been 3 reports of domestic violence with a new partner, she refused to cooperate with them. They have now put a section 47 in place I still have the eldest and the youngest boy is still with his grandma.
My question is I have been asked if I would take both the boys if or should I say when it goes to court I have been totally honest that I can not cope with both the boys, I'm 53 years old, I also suffer with fibromyalgia and just know that I wouldn't cope. The youngest boys grandma as said she will keep him permanently with her, but we would make sure the two boys had regular contact as in 3 to 4 times a week, and there is no way I would want to lose contact with him. The social worker I feel is trying to bully me in to having them both what she is saying that if I don't take them both they will go in to care and be put up for adoption.is this likely to be the case? As I couldn't bare to lose them and feel as if I would have no option but to take them. Please if there's anyone that could give me some information I would be really great full and if it goes to a 2nd PLO like she is saying am I right in thinking my daughter as lost them. Thank you in advance

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: PLO grandchildren

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:29 pm

Dear J123

As you placed your post in the correct forum for family and friends carers I have responded to you there.

Best wishes

Suzie