Moving abroad?

Onlyme

Moving abroad?

Post by Onlyme » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:45 am

Hi, Im new to this site. My children are on a child protection plan due to be reviewed next month. They are not concerned about the younger children,just my eldest. The social worker says we need to move to a bigger house because the one we are in now is not big enough. The house prices in the uk are to exspensive for us.
I am orginally from Ireland. Would i be allowed to move back to Ireland with the children while still on the child protection? Ofcourse we would tell them our plan along with the positives of moving there etc.

Thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Moving abroad?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Dear Onlyme

Welcome to the Family Rights Group Parents’ Discussion Forum.

My name is Suzie, online adviser, at Family Rights Group.

I am sorry that you are having difficulties due to children services’ (new name for social services) involvement with your family.
Your children are now on a child protection plan so if you wanted to move to Ireland you would need to inform the social worker of your intentions. The likelihood is that if your children remain on the child protection plan following the review, then the local authority where you intend to live would be informed of children services involvement.

It is not clear from your post, if you own your property or live in rented accommodation, private or social housing. If in either private rented accommodation or social housing and children services considers your current accommodation unsuitable, they should offer you appropriate support to move to larger accommodation. Obviously, if you own your home it would be a decision for you to make whether you sell your home and move to another area.

I have included a copy of our advice sheet relating to child protection procedures child protection procedures for your information. You do not say the age of your eldest child but if he or she requires additional support with behaviour or anything else then children services should provide this to ensure the child’s needs are met.

You may wish to speak to an adviser, please feel free to telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Onlyme

Post by Onlyme » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Thanks for your reply. Our social worker is wanting to put us on cin at the review. My eldest is 14 and improved alot. The last review only kept her and her sibblings on the cpp because the assesments for her were not done. She has asd,and we have sent her ehc too.
Yes we own our house.
How much notice would we need to give the social? And should we have a withness when we do it?

Thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Dear onlyme,

If there is still a child protection plan still in place when you actually move, then children services are very likely to inform children services equivalent in Ireland.
If there is a child in need plan, then under the law and procedures, they do not have to inform the new local authority.

I suggest you let thew social worker know your intentions. When you have more secure plans, then you could let her know your new contact details in writing, although if the plan has been reduced to a child in need plan, you do not have to.

best wishes,

Suzie