I'm on a supervision order do other people need vetting or can my gf supervise visits

Niceguy37

I'm on a supervision order do other people need vetting or can my gf supervise visits

Post by Niceguy37 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:47 pm

Hi I I'm subject to a supervision order as I'm on shpo, after being caught downloading images I won't bore you with the details, my ex wife currently supervises visits with my 3 children altho I know she is finding it hard, my gf who knows everything is willing to take some responsibility for supervising kids, but does she need vetting from ss, as I'm currently unsure and have had minimal contact with social services, my probation officer and police liaison team currently view me as low risk as I'm doing every thing they have asked Inc voluntarily going to Lucy faithful sessions as well as court ordered ones, anyway, any advice would be welcome in supervision issue thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: I'm on a supervision order do other people need vetting or can my gf supervise visits

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Dear Niceguy37

Welcome to Family Rights Group Parents’ Discussion Forum.

My name is Suzie, online adviser, at Family Rights Group.

I see from your post that you are currently on a Sexual Harm Prevention Order following as a result of downloading images. You are now concerned about how to move forward regarding contact with your children as your ex-wife is having difficulties supervising contact.

You did not say whether children services (new name for social services) wanted the contact to be supervised or if it is part of what the court imposed. In some situations the restrictions can include no contact with children under 16 without supervision. If children services said the contact should be supervised, then if your girlfriend wishes to supervise contact, children services would carry out a risk assessment to ensure that your girlfriend would be a safe person to supervise contact.

As you are currently working with the Lucy Faithfull Foundation, it might be possible for them to give a view on how contact should happen in the future. I suggest that you discuss your concerns with them. If it a court restriction for supervised contact then you may wish to discuss this with the solicitor who represented you to see what can be done.

In my view, as the work with Lucy Faithfull is ongoing children services would want to see that completed before making any decisions regarding contact. I would suggest that you discuss with your probation officer your suggestion that your girlfriend supervises contact. However, you should be aware that even though your probation officer considers you a low risk, children services are likely to want to carry out their own risk assessment as the concerns they have relate to safeguarding the children.

Please note that if your girlfriend has a child or children of her own, children services are likely to be concerned about them if you have contact with them. This could lead to children services having concerns about her ability to safeguard her own children.

If children services are, or become involved, regarding your children, and you wish to speak to an adviser, please telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366.

I hope that you find this helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie