Advice on been separated from children

Minnie

Advice on been separated from children

Post by Minnie » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:49 pm

Two weeks ago at the final court hearing,it was decided that my girls should be placed with their father and should only have supervised contact for 3 hours a week. I had to make a decision for the girls to returned to him or risk losing in court and not having regular contact. They are under a full care order until they are 18. I have been their primary carer until last November for 3 years,their father has taken little interest in them since he left 4 years ago and he was domestically abusive to me. My girls have said they want to be with me consistently since November. My youngest daughter has complex behaviour issues and she needs me. I feel like I'm alienated from the girls by children's services and their father. I'm not going to see them from 3 weeks whilst they settle in with their father,I understand the need for this and I knew this was going to be difficult. This is really hard and don't know how I should be dealing with this. The social workers are making this harder than it needs to be,I'm feeling very pushed out and long term I won't allow this to happen.
I should be relieved that their not in long term foster care or been adopted which was my fear. I know people on here are facing life without their children. My oldest daughter has asked if she can live with me when she is
18. She has already tried to phone me from her dad's phone which she isn't allowed to do.
I will like some advice on what other people do about how they are feeling.

chrissy

Re: Advice on been separated from children

Post by chrissy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:20 pm

My daughter is 10, and the sw have her on full care order till she 18, she is at my sister's.
Things are not going well for her there, daughter wants to come home, she now has an advocate which is good. What are your children's ages, at 10 all authorities are listening to my daughter's views which is good. The sw wants daughter to stay there, but advocate and IRO is listening to daughter, keep fighting if your children keep saying they want to come home it could be possible. I'm 90% sure my daughter will be home, the next review is end September when the decision is supposed to be made, rather than my sister getting an sgo x

Minnie

Re: Advice on been separated from children

Post by Minnie » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:11 am

My oldest daughter is 10 in October,she doesn't seem to be social services main concern,it's my youngest daughter who is 6 and has complex behaviour issues(my fault apparently). I'm hoping that they will both return to my care,they have both repeatedly said they want to be me and they have both have had an advocate. She didn't see them between April and July as my youngest daughter got upset the last time she spoke to her. The told the Guardian,psychologist,social worker,advocate and foster carers that they want to be with me.

Thanks for your advice