Scared I’ll never be allowed to keep a baby

Worried mum 2 be

Scared I’ll never be allowed to keep a baby

Post by Worried mum 2 be » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:54 pm

I really need some help and advice. I’ve tried calling but had no joy. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant. I have a past of drug addiction and because of this, my other 3 children have been taken away. The first with my mum, the other 2 are in care. I was stupid and didn’t tell the midwife about my past and she inevitably found out and told me she was referring me to social services. I am now terrified that they will take this baby too. I have a stable job now and my own flat. I’ve been clean nearly 4 years. But id been clean 2 years when they took my last child! (But that was a concealed pregnancy, because I was scared they would take it) The only difference was that I was on methadone and the baby had to stay in hospital and be weaned off of the medication. In this time social services decided to take her without even letting me say goodbye. So this time I’m not on any meds. So there’s no reason for the baby to stay in hospital. I’ve been to all my appointments. And am, as far as I’m concerned, trying to do everything right. But I’m still terrified they will take the baby and because of my past, in their eyes, they have grounds. How can I keep my baby this time? Or am I fighting a loosing battle. If they take this one, I’ll never get pregnant again. I can’t keep going through this. Surely because I have changed , they should give me a chance. But all the social workers I’ve met have been horrible and they lie. They say they wanna keep families together, but In my experience , that’s not true. Please someone help.