Research study focussing on the experience of mothers whose children have been adopted.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Research study focussing on the experience of mothers whose children have been adopted.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon May 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Hello

FRG has been approached by a researcher at the law school of Plymouth University. She is carrying out a piece of research in to the experiences, needs and rights of birth mothers, whose children have been adopted. See details below if you are interested in being involved in the study or finding out more about it.

Please note that FRG is not responsible for this research and that any involvement in it or contact with the researcher is at the discretion of individual discussion board users.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser

• The name and address of the investigator: Lisamarie Deblasio c/o Plymouth Law School, Room 001, 19 Portland Villas, Plymouth University, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA.
• This study is to learn more about the experiences of birth mothers whose children have been adopted since the Adoption and Children Act 2002 became law. The information will be collected directly from birth mothers who participate in the study. The study has several objectives: the first is to uncover an element of adoption which has not been recently studied; that of birth mother’s experiences. The second is to contribute the findings of the study to the field of adoption; in particular, evidence of the strengths and weaknesses of current law, policy and practice. The third is to help empower women who have been affected by adoption. The fourth is to make recommendations in line with the findings that will seek to improve the way birth mothers are treated by our legal system and by those involved in adoption practice. Finally the study invites birth mothers to speak out about what impact adoption has had upon them personally.
• Basic eligibility criteria: The study is open to all birth/natural/biological mothers of children who have been adopted since the Adoption and Children Act 2002 came in to force on 30th December 2005. If you are unsure whether adoption under this Act applied to your circumstances please feel free to contact the researcher for clarification.
• Participation benefits: I hope the information you provide will allow you to freely express your views and feelings about your experiences of adoption. The information you provide will not only give you a voice but will seek to educate people of the need to provide better care, empathy and support of birth mothers. Additionally your experiences will demonstrate where there is a need for a change of culture in the way the law treats birth mothers in adoption proceedings.
• The study involves the completion of a questionnaire which will be sent to you either electronically or a paper copy. This can be completed in your own time.
• If you feel you would like to participate or would like further information please contact Lisamarie Deblasio in writing to the above address, by email at lisa.deblasio@students.plymouth.ac.uk., by leaving a message via social media to Facebook, search ‘Adoption Study Lisa Deblasio’ or by text or phone to Lisa on 0783 5455512
• Any contact you make with the researcher will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Frazor

Re: Research study focussing on the experience of mothers whose children have been adopted.

Post by Frazor » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:58 pm

To mums who have wrongly had a child removed from them my heart goes out to you, ss tried taking my baby away for adoption and my middle child into care in 2016 thank goodness i still have my children, these heartless people have taken me to court 5 times and every time my heart was breaking to look at ur children the thought of not having them with me was the worst feeling in the world i love and care for my children and vic verse. They don't care what they are doing to innocent family's from my experience when the truth comes out that they tell so many lies the social workers lose there jobs they never admit to this the next social worker has no recognition of any of this i learnt the hard way to never trust any of them. None of the many social workers ive had cum and go are no longer around but yet i fought hard for the truth but this never seems to be said in court. The law needs to look very closely into this because it's against the law trying to take children for adoption for the wrong reasons, i cannot understand how this is still going on its all about pleasing the person higher up in my experience they are scared to speak out because they fear of losing there jobs. I know 4 social workers in my case have lost their jobs because of being proved to be going along with so many lies I also believe alot of them I've met have realised it's wrong what is going on so Leave because they realise that like myself we love our children but what needs to be done is for illegal adoption to be noticed and stopped all these vultures are thinking about is money and people pleasing in the work place. They don't care about our children they look through them. Don't let these evil people win they're ur children keep on fighting i myself am in the process of taken them to court i cant say the outcome but i will fight every step of the way for the truth to be heard..

Sazy

Re: Research study focussing on the experience of mothers whose children have been adopted.

Post by Sazy » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:00 pm

Hi there I had all 4 children adopted a long time ago and my last contact with my children was 2007 but I don't think it's fair as I don't get letterbox contact or anything at all i have learning disabilities and I didn't sign anything for adoption so can the courts do that with me signing my children for adoption as I don't understand thank you

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:49 pm

Dear Sazy

I have replied to your earlier post.

Best wishes

Suzie (FRG's online adviser)