FRG has been approached by a researcher at the law school of Plymouth University. She is carrying out a piece of research in to the experiences, needs and rights of birth mothers, whose children have been adopted. See details below if you are interested in being involved in the study or finding out more about it.
Please note that FRG is not responsible for this research and that any involvement in it or contact with the researcher is at the discretion of individual discussion board users.
• The name and address of the investigator: Lisamarie Deblasio c/o Plymouth Law School, Room 001, 19 Portland Villas, Plymouth University, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA.
• This study is to learn more about the experiences of birth mothers whose children have been adopted since the Adoption and Children Act 2002 became law. The information will be collected directly from birth mothers who participate in the study. The study has several objectives: the first is to uncover an element of adoption which has not been recently studied; that of birth mother’s experiences. The second is to contribute the findings of the study to the field of adoption; in particular, evidence of the strengths and weaknesses of current law, policy and practice. The third is to help empower women who have been affected by adoption. The fourth is to make recommendations in line with the findings that will seek to improve the way birth mothers are treated by our legal system and by those involved in adoption practice. Finally the study invites birth mothers to speak out about what impact adoption has had upon them personally.
• Basic eligibility criteria: The study is open to all birth/natural/biological mothers of children who have been adopted since the Adoption and Children Act 2002 came in to force on 30th December 2005. If you are unsure whether adoption under this Act applied to your circumstances please feel free to contact the researcher for clarification.
• Participation benefits: I hope the information you provide will allow you to freely express your views and feelings about your experiences of adoption. The information you provide will not only give you a voice but will seek to educate people of the need to provide better care, empathy and support of birth mothers. Additionally your experiences will demonstrate where there is a need for a change of culture in the way the law treats birth mothers in adoption proceedings.
• The study involves the completion of a questionnaire which will be sent to you either electronically or a paper copy. This can be completed in your own time.
• If you feel you would like to participate or would like further information please contact Lisamarie Deblasio in writing to the above address, by email at email@example.com., by leaving a message via social media to Facebook, search ‘Adoption Study Lisa Deblasio’ or by text or phone to Lisa on 0783 5455512
• Any contact you make with the researcher will be treated in the strictest confidence.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest