Hi my child was addopted two years ago

Annie10

Hi my child was addopted two years ago

Post by Annie10 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Hello everyone I'm looking for some information my son was taken from birth because of his father and then he was adopted by the foster cares I am no longer with his dad and I have a little baby girl which is in my care I can write to my son once a year

The question is can I apply to see my son with the adopters even if the contact only starts at a couple of hours a week
Any help or advise would be great thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Hi my child was addopted two years ago

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Dear Annie10

My name is Suzie one of the Family Rights Group's online advisers.

I am sorry to hear that your first child is no longer in your care. From the explanations you have given, am I right in thinking they are subject to an open adoption and you are currently having letter box contact

Depending on the circumstances of your case, and what was agreed by the judge to be in your child's best interests it is possible that the terms of contact were clearly set out at the time . If as far as your remember no agreement was reached about contact I sugest you seek further advice from an independent family law solicitor http://www.lawsociety.org.uk.

I hope this helps

Best Wishes

Suzie

Best Wishes

Suzie