Need help

Steph08

Need help

Post by Steph08 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:15 pm

I really need help ive 2 kids long trem foster care and my 3 young ones they wanted to find them addion place witg now done i want fight aggisnt tbis but also ho baby on temp foster care who due to go court in dec i do posstive on her as ive changed but slisiter say i cant fight to stop the adobson as she say may stop get baby bk but dont lose my 3 kids

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Need help

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Dear Steph08

Thank you for posting again on the parents’ discussion forum.

I understand that you are feeling unhappy that your youngest children are to be adopted and children services have now found adopters.

The court has already decided that you are not able to care for the children who are subject to care orders. This means your eldest children who are in long term foster care and your youngest 3 who were made subject to a placement order with a view to them being adopted. It is hard to have your children adopted but I think you should really consider the advice your solicitor has given to you.

If you have had positive assessments in respect of your baby, it may be that at the final hearing the baby could return to your care. The fact that you have had positive assessments if really good, this did not happen with your older children so the court made orders for them to be removed from your care.

As far as your older children, who are in long term foster care, if your circumstances change it might be possible for you to apply to the court to discharge the care orders. This would be a difficult process and will depend on whether it is considered by the court that it is better or the children to be reunited with you. Unfortunately, I am not able to say you will get any of your older children back and trying to fight for the children not to be adopted might be unrealistic. You will be notified when the prospective adopters make an application for an adoption order. The court will make decisions on what is best for the children in the long term.

Was there anything in the youngest children’s final care plan for you to have any contact with the children once they are adopted? If you wish you could ask the court to consider post adoption contact, which would have to be in the children’s interests.

You have already been sent information about adoption in the response to your previous post. A link is here to the organisation that helps birth families affected by adoption.

I am sorry that this response might not seem helpful as you want to have your children back but it is important that, as your solicitor has advised, that you focus getting your baby back. It could be thought that it will not be good for the baby to be with you if you are not able to accept the concerns that led to the other children being removed.

If you would like to speak to an adviser, please do telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie