child placement plan?

ladyp

child placement plan?

Post by ladyp » Wed May 11, 2016 6:30 pm

can anyone explain what a child/young person placement plan and also how it should be done?
where can i find out anything about this as everything i have found makes no sense
Last edited by ladyp on Thu May 12, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ladyp

Re: child placement plan?

Post by ladyp » Thu May 12, 2016 9:40 am

i am asking because the s.w told me i was signing a section 20 and now no-one in childrens services can find anything i signed on that date but i have the paperwork relating to this. so would like to know when a placement plan should be used and how. thanks

ladyp

Post by ladyp » Thu May 12, 2016 10:38 am

and i was forced to sign this after having been out of hospital for less than an hour after an eptopic pregnancy. and threatened with the police if i went any where near my son.

ladyp

Post by ladyp » Thu May 12, 2016 11:44 am

if nobody knows anything about this then i guess it must be unheard of and therefore illegal immoral and worst of all child snatching and c.s are covering it all up :cry: so how do i go about putting this right?
or do i just give up as no-one seems to know the answer so again childrens services snatch a child and win i have never done drugs drink or hurt a hair on my boys head and they keep refusing contact they cancel meetings they lie about everything why are they allowed to do this. sorry for the rant but at the end of my tether and not getting any replies or help from anywhere

Minnie

Post by Minnie » Sat May 14, 2016 8:45 pm

I signed section 20,I haven't seen a copy of it since I signed it. I have since been put in the 26 weeks care proceedings and am 15 weeks into this. It looks positive to the children been returned to me despite a social worker who is very negative towards me. They are concerned about future emotional harm,no evidence of this. I think the section 20 is signed was done in an illegal manner, I wasn't informed of what I was signing and wasn't capable of understanding what I was signing.

ladyp

Post by ladyp » Sat May 14, 2016 8:52 pm

minnie
have you asked them for a copy?? alsoput in writing to your local authority for all your files etc concerning this they can do this hopefully it will be in there and you can find out what they have in there also ask for emails phone calls and memos to other s.w good luck

Minnie

Post by Minnie » Sun May 15, 2016 10:31 am

I have got all the paperwork mentioned except the section 20 paperwork and have asked for it.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon May 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Dear ladyp

Welcome back to the Parents’ Discussion Forum.

I am sorry that you are feeling confused about the placement plan for your son.

You have had some support from Minnie to your post

As you say you signed a s.20 agreement this means giving consent for your son to be accommodated (looked after) by Children Services, you would be given a copy of it. It is good that you have a copy but am surprised that Children Services do not have a record of this. Normally, information about a child’s case is logged in the case records, so it is very surprising that you are being told that they do not know about it.

In relation to a placement plan, children services have to do a care plan and a placement plan for a child who is being accommodated. You should be given a copy of your child’s care plan 10 days after the child becomes looked after.

The placement plan should be as follows:

‘The placement plan which sets out where and with whom your child will live, any specific arrangements about the placement including the arrangements for your child to keep in touch with you and other members of the family; and also what the foster carer (or children’s home) can decide about how your child is cared for. This is called delegated authority and can include decisions about, for example, school trips, overnight stays, medical and dental treatment; education; leisure and home life; faith and religious observance; use of social media’

There are of course other things which the plan will cover like, for example, contact and I have included a copy of our advice sheet relating to the duties children services have when a child is in the care system. This advice sheet will help you to under what children services should do.

It is not clear from your post whether you are currently or have been involved in care proceedings following agreement to s.20. You will see from the attached advice sheet the difference between a child who is accommodated and one for whom children services has a full care order.

A copy of our advice sheet relating to family support is also here for your information. You may get a better understanding of children services involvement if your child remains accommodated.

If you feel that children services has not acted appropriately when dealing with your case, you could consider whether you wish to make a complaint. A copy of our advice sheet relating to this is here for your information.

I hope you will find this helpful but should you wish to speak to an adviser, please do telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.

Best wishes

Suzie

ladyp

Post by ladyp » Tue May 17, 2016 12:22 am

the social worker forced me to sign something which i was told was a section 20 it was actually a child placement plan. so i was lied to from the start the head of childrens services has denied there is any record of anything signed and states "it was done verbally" again a lie so there was never a section 20 to start with and now it seems i have paperwork for a placement plan but no such paperwork exists according to them. they refuse to up my contact they have slated me to my son (overlooked by court) they have told him that i wanted him in care(overlooked by court) the list goes on and on and yet it seems like they are getting away with this because it has been to court surely this is wrong on every level i have asked for help on how to fill in the very long court papers and heard nothing where can i get help?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue May 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Hello again ladyp

Ideally, you should seek the advice of a solicitor to discuss your proposed application and for support to complete this process. it may be, however, that you are unable to secure legal aid to fund this.

If you aren't able to speak to a solicitor, you may be able to get help from your local CAB to fill in the form. If you are in London you could approach the CAB at the Royal Courts of Justice or the PSU/ personal support unit may have an office in your local court.

A final option would be to be referred to the Bar Pro Bono Unit.

I hope this is helpful.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser