Section 20 and assessments

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Section 20 and assessments

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:48 pm

Dear Sarahs88

I am sorry that you are feeling hopeless at the moment because an interim care order has been made in respect of your children.

Please do not lose hope. As the name suggests it is only short term and you can do as much as you can by engaging with the assessment process in a positive way. In your post you say that during the assessment you are being picked on for staying in a relationship where there was domestic violence. I suggest that you ask what help and support can you be given to make better choices or to recognise the likelihood of domestic violence with a partner.

Do have a look again at the links that have been sent to you previously. Did you make contact with the Lucy Faithfull Foundation as suggested? You should consider making contact with Women’s Aid if you have not already done so, as you may benefit from the sort of help and support they can provide to women who have been subjected to domestic abuse.

It is important that you do not give up. The court will make the final decision at the final hearing about what happens with your children, so I would suggest that you do your best to understand and address the concerns that Children Services has and, where necessary ask for support. If you are able to find help for yourself independently of Children Services whether a parenting course, support group. This will show that you are taking proactive steps in the situation. I have included here a copy of our advice sheet about care proceedings for your information.

Please do telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366 to speak to an adviser. The advice line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie