ANY HELP PLEASE !!CHILDREN IN CARE

Ilovemygrandkids

Re: ANY HELP PLEASE !!CHILDREN IN CARE

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:09 pm

hi again is there anything i can do guess it's too late now :cry: even IF i could can't afford a solicitor :cry:

Minnie

Post by Minnie » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:48 am

There is an appeals process,you can represent yourself

Ilovemygrandkids

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:01 am

As i wasn't involved with the case in the first place,how would i be able to appeal?

Minnie

Post by Minnie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:41 am

Hi

Its on the Faq section on here,care proceedings. It's says it very small window to appeal and have to have a very good reason. I hope things get sorted out

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:23 am

Ilovemygrandkids wrote:WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS FORUM IF NO ONE AROUND TO HELP, GIVE YOU ADVICE OR MORAL SUPPORT. :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :cry: :x :(
I care i am going through a lot of pain since my child has been taken away. I feel very alone and have noone to talk to. How are things going.

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:30 am

Car wrote:thank you for your help i do still and will have concerns about it but i have contacted the childrens worker and waiting for her to set up a meeting....
i did forget to mention that i do have letter box with my 2 younger children and my other 2 i see i have a unsupervied contact witch means i get to go out with them with no workers at all but that is only once a month but its better then nothing at all
i know i will have to be asseced thats a given but i do intend on working with them as much as they ask im just so worried that they will do the same my partner has had no involment with chiled services at all so im hoping that gose in my faver too the childrens worker has met my partner and i have asked for them to do his checks witch i hope they have as they have not contacted me about it to im asuming that there is no problem there witch i already know there is not i just would like that saticfacion of knowing
thank you for your reply
I know how you feel. I told social services that I wanted them to help me geto out the relationship, maybe put me and my son in a refuge as my ex partner refused to move out. (His now moved out)
My son was very well loved by me i took him out to nice places, and we had a very close and positive relationship. Then im punished, with him being taken into full time care.
And even though I can go back to discharge the order in 6 months I know they are going to make it hard. Now they want the contact to be 6times a year so he can settle in his placement. I'm devastated and cry everyday. I have no support. We can talk.

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi i tried talking to my social worker explaining that contact 6 times a year is not in my childs interest. I was told their would be a lac review meeting but my sons social worker is always unsure when the meeting is and I havnt been contacted the the review officer.
The social worker said I have to go back to court to change contact. But the earliest I can do that is February. I feel like social services are just trying to hurt me. Even prisoners have more contact with their children. They know im hurt and they know my son is too but it's like they don't even care. Any further advice.

Ilovemygrandkids

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:12 pm

hi OMG where to start, got a phone call off my daughter telling me my granddaughter is going up for adoption :o ,so i filed a complaint to Social to tell them the SW did all this out of spite as she was biased against my daughter and all in favour of dad :twisted: got a letter back and she said there was no findings of my grandson being hit WTF? this is the whole reason they were taking into care :( and the excuse they are using for children being adopted is they were exposed to constant arguing, name calling and fighting :o call back from my daughter today to say my granddaughter could be adopted within 2 weeks.what is the big rush of them rushing into this, do they have something to hide :shock: OMG im FUMING!!!! and still nothing i can do :(

Ilovemygrandkids

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:35 pm

well ive complained to my MP and there reply was to complain, useless, also sent email to the ombudsman and to the judge who handled the case, no reply of either, no one is willing to help get my grandchildren back :( im devastated as ive done everything i can, still heartbroken and crying all the time :( my grandchildren were took for no reason and 2 up for adoption for no reason :shock:

heads up for anyone else who has SS involved.if you can RUN !!!!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Dear Ilovemygrandkids,

I am so sorry to hear that two of your children are going to being adopted. I can see why you are heartbroken.

It sounds like your grandchildren are subject to placement orders (which gives the local authority the permission to place with prospective adopters). At the moment they are still in foster care but could be placed with adopters within the next few weeks.

Adoption should be the last resort, after the court has considered all the other options of where children can live.

Have all the connected persons (family, friends and other people connected to the children) been assessed as potential carers?
Has your daughter discussed her options with her solicitor?

Have you asked for an assessment for support from children services, to help you with the adoption?). If not, you could ask for this under section 47 of the Adoption and Children Act 2002. This is particularly important when considering contact, for example.
Have a look at our adoption advice sheets.

Birth Ties also offers support to family where a child is being adopted.

You suggest other families to run if children services are involved. However, forced adoption of a child is the very last resort when all other options should have been considered carefully and ruled out.
Usually, once support has been provided to a family, any risk of harm to a child is reduced and children services can withdraw. The law says that support should be put in place to keep children safe within their family.
If a family ran away with a child, then emergency seek and find orders can be considered across most international borders. This involves the police and courts in different countries searching for a child. Usually, this will always affect the working relationship between children services and a family in the future.

I am so sorry to hear about what has happened.

Best wishes,

Suzie