ANY HELP PLEASE !!CHILDREN IN CARE

Ilovemygrandkids

Re: ANY HELP PLEASE !!CHILDREN IN CARE

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:57 pm

hi Suzie, finally got a reply from the court, they said as its been dealt with there is nothing i can do so basically same with everything else, as i wasn't part of the proceedings i can't do anything, they wouldn't let me :(.so now i lose my 2 grandchildren for good as they won't let me do anything :shock:

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 pm

How about grandparents rights?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Dear Ilovemygrandkids

Thanks for posting again.

I am really very sorry for the outcome of the care proceedings and that it has resulted in your grandchildren being made subject to placement order. Did the court make any order for letterbox contact for the parents or yourself?

Unfortunately, once a case has ended it is difficult to have it looked at again and especially so if you were not a party to the proceedings in the first place. Normally, it is by lodging an appeal within the time period set by the court, that a person is able to challenging a judge’s decision in a case.
You were already referred to Birthties which is an organisation that provides help and support for families when adoption in the plan for the children. The social worker might ask you to be involved in the life story information being prepared for your grandchildren which is something you can do for them to learn about their birth family.

Please engage in any support being offered to the children’s parents and you to help cope with the loss that you have suffered with the children being placed outside the family.

I am not able to suggest any further steps you can take as the court has made final orders now. As a grandparent you could have been assessed but if that assessment was negative, then you would not be able to care for the children.

Once I am sorry that there was not a happier outcome for you and your family.

Best wishes

Suzie[/quote]